Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Breakfast?

What do you find you tend to do about breakfast? Do you have it every day? And do you do the whole "Breakfast like a King" thing?

I find if I skip breakfast for the rest of the day I am STARVING!! Like even if I have a big lunch I'm still hungry. And if I have a little breakfast I'm just about ok, but get peckish mid-afternoon for sweet things. However if I have a big breakfast and make it the biggest meal of my day I enjoy it, don't get hungry, and can last til tea-time. But I have to eat it within an hour of getting up....

Replies

• RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    I am now pretty consistent. I switched from my favorite (sausage, egg, and cheese croissant) to 3 servings of oatmeal. Its more filling, keeps hunger away longer, and saves me about 30-50 calories depending on the flavor.

In fact, I am just in love with oatmeal. Sometimes I eat it twice a day. :)
  • I skip breakfast every day :] I grab my black coffee and out the door I go. I save my calories for when I am hungry.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    I was eating breakfast very regularly, usually just fruit, but the past little bit I have been slacking and I can feel it.

so I have learned how important breakfast is, but I am really not a breakfast person. Also, I am trying to eat "clean" Which means nothing processed, no bread, etc.. Just meat, veg, and fruit.

So tomorrow I'm back at it. :) I will have an apple and a banana for breakfast. But I think you are right, cuz if I don't eat breakfast, I find myself losing energy mid afternoon. and even if I eat it doesn't seem to get better. So I think breakfast helps me alot mentally and definitely I know its good for me.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    For the past few months I have been having a toasted wrap with laughing cow, grilled chicken breast, spinach, mushrooms and capsicum. It's delicious, filling, and keeps me going until lunchtime and beyond. Everyone at work teases me (I prepare and eat it as soon as I get to work) for eating non-breakfast foods at breakfast time, but I'm the one laughing at 3pm when everyone else is sneaking away to the vending machine for chips or chockies.
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    I'm too much of a foodie to ever skip a meal -- definitely breakfast. I pretty much eat the same thing most days (greek yogurt and fruit, shredded wheat and 1% milk, scrambled egg whites or a whole wheat bagel) but I'll learning how to mix things up and try new things.
  • I am now pretty consistent. I switched from my favorite (sausage, egg, and cheese croissant) to 3 servings of oatmeal. Its more filling, keeps hunger away longer, and saves me about 30-50 calories depending on the flavor.

In fact, I am just in love with oatmeal. Sometimes I eat it twice a day. :)

I'm learning to love porridge too! It's great isn't it? I do find it low calorie and filling but I normally get hungry my lunch time. I might start having two servings too! :)
  • Sbasquez
    Sbasquez Posts: 10 Member
    98% of the time I feel ill if I don't eat in the morning. I am a vegetarian so I get A LOT of my protein from morning eggs and soysage. Unfortunately, I am going to have to cut out my easy-to-toast-quickly hash browns b/c f their fat content. i did notice on two days that I didn't have time to my normal 2 egg breakfast, I ate 2 packets of apple cinnamon instant oatmeal and I wasn't hungry till noon. This surprised me for some reason. So a quick alternative could be a low-calorie oatmeal for breakfast.
  • What a great idea! I read a diet plan once where they ate none breakfasty foods like chicken and salmon at breakfast time. Plus your wrap idea is a great one for me as I get onto the train at 5:50am so don't eat before leaving home. It's something I could take on the go. And I love dairylea cheese spread!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    I eat breakfast like a normal meal - no skipping.

Every fat person I know brags about how he skips breakfast like that's some kind of virtue.
    I remember years ago drinking a coke for breakfast and giving myself a pat on the back over it.

Yes, I was fat...lol
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    I ate breakfast because I thought I "should"

Never felt better for it, never ate less during the day, never helped me lose weight.

since I have ditched it and started doing leangains, the weight has come off.

Will never be a breakfast eater again.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    please see this thread for all things breakfast/meal frequency related

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/419909-one-big-meal-a-day
  • Shhhh chris only fat people skip breakfast ;D

ETA: Completely personal preference :] No metabolic advantage to eat or not eating breakfast.
    Glad you figured out what works for you OP! Doing that makes me a sad hungry girl at bed time xD
  • I have a protein shake and an apple w/ natural peanut butter! Its quick and I don't have to cook anything.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    A piece of fruit as of late has been my breakfast. I usually start my "real" eating after 1 pm and eat till about midnight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    depends on the day and how busy I am.. i love food and there's nothing like coffee & an omelette first thing in the morning. if i know i'm going out for dinner or plan to have a nice big dinner i'll skip breakfast & just do the coffee. i love skipping breakfast some days because that means i can sit down and have a three-course dinner without worrying about overconsuming :-)
  • I like to eat breakfast every day. It's been a habit my whole life, but I have cut waaaay back from the 5-10 servings of cereal every day to 1-1.5 servings every day. It's usually some sort of grainy cereal without too much sugar. I like to rotate between Cheerios, Grape Nuts, Raisin Bran, Wheaties, etc... Sometimes I'll eat oatmeal.

This morning was hot Grape Nuts.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    I find that if I consistently skip breakfast, then my body catches on and starts making me feel super hungy late at night. I read about the meat and nuts breakfast, and I've found that meat (or eggs instead of meat) and nuts really is filling. I never get hungry before lunch now, and I'm not even that hungry at lunch either, which makes eating healthy lunches much easier.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    I've been having fruit for breakfast lately. I'll have a large navel orange with 1/2 cup of berries. I sprinkle a little stevia on golden raspberries or strawberries. Thinking about getting some frozen blueberries and making some fruit smoothies in advance to grab on my way out the door. It's really not much different if I eat a small breakfast vs no breakfast as far as hunger goes.

I usually skip breakfast though. I get hungry about now when I do, but by 10am the hunger goes away, then comes back with a passion at 11:30-nooninsh (I try to eat at 11 to prevent letting my hunger get the best of me!). I try to get most of my calories at lunch, but sometimes dinner wins.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    I quit eating breakfast about a year ago and have never looked back.
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    I must have breakfast. If you're getting hungry after your oatmeal and before lunch, try adding an egg. Protein takes longer to digest.