Hi :)

Options
Well I've been reading this site for a week now, really very inspiring.

I want to lose 20 lbs, yay me. I have managed to keep my weight pretty level for many years, at 135, I was very heavy when I was young and did some yo yoing in my 30's. After a sickness, from which I am completely recovered, I gained 20 lbs, most likely from being not as active and just eating poorly.

I'm putting together a diet plan, and figuring out how to use this site. It really is a great resource. I was going to join ww, but really all the knowledge I need is right here. This wieght issue has been with me all my life, I was an emotional eater as a child, topped out at 190 at one point in my late 20's due to a traumatic life event, blah blah blah.

I've been reading around here, you guys are really awesome. Thanks for reading, I am hoping to get to know you all better, congrats on all of your accomplishments, it must feel really good, you should all be so proud.

Thanks for reading, all comments are welcome, keep going everyone .

Replies

• SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi Gemstone and welcome this really is a great place. Your story sounds a bit like mine except in my late teens I got very very thin unhealthily but have struggled with my weight ever since. Problems with my spine mean I find it hard to find an exercise that doesn't make it worse but I am just about to dust off my Wii Fit for the 100th time :laugh:

I too need to loose around 20 pounds so please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck :-)
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    YOU = AWESOME!!! Welcome aboard and this place ROCKS!!! Once you get situated and need some support, send a friend request!! We are ALL on the same journey here.....Best of luck to you!!! Keep strong!!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning & welcome! This site has helped me shed the extra 20 lbs I was carrying around, and it was easier (to me) and empowering because I'm the one making the choices, etc. Anyway, best wishes to you for a successful journey! Add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • gemtstone
    gemtstone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all of you, how very nice to come back and see you all posting here.

Please, feel free to add me as well.

This helps so much.

I'm going shopping today, all good foods.

I'm smiling from ear to ear right now. Again thanks so much. xo