Earbuds That Stay In When You Run... Do they exist?

Options

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes. Check out Bose. They don't come out unless you give them a good hard yank.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    They ALWAYS fall out of my ears, too. I use Sony over the head in the ear ones. Like a headband....I know I look old school but at least I don't have to worry about them all the time!
    [/quote

I do this, as well! Keeps my ears warm in the cold tool.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    The regular earbuds always fall out of my ears, the behind-the-ear buds fall off from too much sweat..... I havent found a pair yet that work well
  • lovetheweighitfeels
    Options
    The brand called YUR buds, they are awesome, they really stay in your ear when you are doing any type of fast exercise, like running or jogging or power walking. Take a look at the website! They are a great purchase, I've had mine for almost a year now, and they still are great! They even came with the ear buds for 30 dollars! It was a great purchase. http://www.yurbuds.com/
  • catattack13
    Options
    I second the vote for skullcandy! They work so well that when I take them out I'm shocked at how loud the gym is.
  • Allan485
    Allan485 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I picked up a cheap pair of Philips ear clip style ear buds and they work great. They retail for about $10 but I found a pair for $6 at a Ross' store. I sweat profusely as well and have not had a problem out of them.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I run wearing yurbuds (http://www.yurbuds.com/).

yurtopiayurbuds.jpg

The issue I've had with any of the ear buds that have the jam-it-in-your-ear rubber pieces, like the Skull Candy ones, is they block out too much ambient noise but then generate a whole lot of noise by transmitting any little rub of the wire on my shirt. I run outside and would prefer to not get hit by the cars I can't hear, so this is an issue for me. Yurbuds, however, don't do that. When I tried them on at the Wine and Dine Expo, I went into death metal thrasher mode and they stayed in. No other ear buds I've ever used, even the Skull Candy ones, can say that. And, I think because of the shape, I can actually listen to my iPod at a lower volume than I would have with just ear buds.

Well worth the money for the Focus series ($29), if you ask me. If you go to any of the major race expo's there's usually deals on them. The IronMan series is a little expensive, tho.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It depends on your ears, I have no probs but my fella has to wear proper headphones coz none stay in . I cannot stand the in ear buds the sound is really really distorted for me, any bog standard apple or suchlike work for me, use beter ones when doing other activites
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use these white/clear JVC ones I bought at WalMart for like 9 bucks. They stay in my ear so much better than the apple ones. I don't think they ever fell out once.

Here is a link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/JVC-HAF150V-Gumy-Headphones-White/15686659
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have this problem due to excessive sweating. I am using the skullcandy currently and unfortunately for me they fall out.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I use Skullcandy earbuds, and I have never had issues with them falling out during runs or other impact-type exercises! If you have a Marshall's near you, I get them there for around $20.
    I have those. They fall out of my ears when I sweat worse than any other kind. Plus, both mine and my daughter's stopped working right within weeks. Only one side has sound.

Walmart also has them.

THIS. I love them and they're cheap, but they still fall out and they rarely last more than a few months. Plus, on my most recent pair, the rubber bit keeps coming off in my ear. It's annoying.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! I HATE my earphones! The Apple ones are a joke! I'm gonna go all old school and get me some GIANT headphones!
  • los4825
    Options
    I have the sennheiser also. love them, have had for a year while running and they still work like brand new
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine recommended HALO Sweatband earbuds when she runs, I say Duct tape. :bigsmile:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump! I HATE my earphones! The Apple ones are a joke! I'm gonna go all old school and get me some GIANT headphones!

LOL I hate my small ones too, so I dug out my hunkers from way back! Rocked it, but boy did I sweat in them! LOL

Interesting posts, I have tiny ear canals as well, and my buds HURT! Got lots of good ideas on here, now I just gotta be not so cheap & purchase a pair! (Just hate spending the money to find yet another pair are going to be draped over the t'mill not being used!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Must. Save. Thread.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Oakley Thumps!!!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I always have issues with this. I own a pair of philips ear buds that wrap around the back of my ear that stay in place fairly well.... but still require adjusting while running.

My trick is always wearing a hat the covers the top portion of the ear and holds the ear piece in place!
  • Chrissle
    Chrissle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wear Bose and they are totally worth the money. They come with 3 different sized covers and the sound quality is wonderful. :smile:
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have been using the skullcandy ones because they come with a small cover that fit nicely. I just don't think the sound is as nice as even the apple ones that the ipod comes with!