What's your most treasured life lesson?

Options

Replies

• directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Things happen for a reason good or bad. If it's bad ,that just means something good will happen later on
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    A good man is hard to find, but a hard man is good to find.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then the a$sh0le must be a periscope.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Life is a terminal illness with a 100% mortality rate. Now quit your b*tching and get on with it.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    "He will never change"

Abuse is never something to be tolerated. Abusers do not change. Value yourself, and kick him (or her) the hell out of your life - you are worth so much more than that.

Related: "You deserve better"
  • Eskimovm
    Eskimovm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My bestfriend died in a car crash in March this year. I learned a lot from that. I learned that you really should not ever leave telling someone anything til the last minute. I did get to see him in his coffin and we were alone, but I couldn't tell him the words, it didn't feel like he was there, his body was empty.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    95% of the things you worry about never happen. The other 5% you couldn't have done anything about anyway.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • barbiebarkley
    Options
    everything happens for a reason !!!! smile and treat others as you would like to be treated!!!!:happy:
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't just get through life; experience it.
  • gary8964
    Options
    "Do it right or don't bother."
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    "Just stop giving a f***."

From my big brother. Every time I wonder what others are thinking, or if something I'm doing or saying is too strange to others' eyes, I remember that phrase. It makes me smile. He was so blunt, but so right.The more you care about how you appear, the more you worry about what others think about you, the more uncomfortable you are to be around.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1) everyone who ever died always died of the same thing...lack of oxygen to the brain. All illnesses and injuries can be traced to this one thing.

2) Every company, no matter what business they believe they are in, is in the business of Sales. Nothing happens without the Sale, no one gets paid without the Sale. Everything else is just there to support the Sale. This is true even of non-profits and educational institutions, even hospitals and medical offices. They just need to realize what it is they are selling. Manufacturing, HR, Accounting, Research, Operations..these are all the tail of the dog. Sales is the dog. The tail can never wag the dog. In whatever job you choose to do, always ask yourself how your job supports Sales. The further away you are, the more expendable you are.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Before getting a tatoo, ask yourself what kind of tatoo your grandmother or grandfather would get. Because one day YOU will be the grandfather or grandmother.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called the present!:flowerforyou:

LOVE THIS!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    1) everyone who ever died always died of the same thing...lack of oxygen to the brain. All illnesses and injuries can be traced to this one thing.

2) Every company, no matter what business they believe they are in, is in the business of Sales. Nothing happens without the Sale, no one gets paid without the Sale. Everything else is just there to support the Sale. This is true even of non-profits and educational institutions, even hospitals and medical offices. They just need to realize what it is they are selling. Manufacturing, HR, Accounting, Research, Operations..these are all the tail of the dog. Sales is the dog. The tail can never wag the dog. In whatever job you choose to do, always ask yourself how your job supports Sales. The further away you are, the more expendable you are.

You are one full of knowledge and wisdom... The force is strong with this one...
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Babies are easy to love. But are you ready for a baby? (Asked by my mom at 16)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Choose your battles, and don't sweat the 'small stuff"
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    The most important way to reach another person is to truly listen to them. This is the most sincere form of validation.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Take control of things you can control because i may help when something crops up that you have no control over.

I learnt this when i had pre-cancerous cells. there was nothing i could do apart from go to my appointments and that scared me that i wasn't in control. So not long after i took control of my weight problem

xxx
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

LOVE this one... also, sometimes it takes something HUGE to put the small things back into perspective
  • debmjohn
    Options
    Never go to bed angry. Excpecially someone you love. You never know if it will be the last time you see them. Never take for granted what you have whether it be people, finances, or items. It may have taken you years to get what can disappear in 30 seconds.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Mine varies depending on where I'm currently at in life, but right now it's definitely...

"Don't Judge"

I've always been a pretty judgemental person but the older I get, the more this quote holds true for everything.