Probably a stupid question

Options
2»

Replies

• nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Both my hips & ribs got larger. I don't mind the hips so much, but it's annoying that the bottom of my rib cage now sticks out further than my boobs. :sad:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My hips didn't spread too much and seem to be just about back to where they were. My problem is the rib spread. With the twins, my ribs stick so far out on the sides. I can still really tell the difference. Also, I pray every day that working out will strengthen my abs enough to get my damned belly button back where it used to be. I know it's a total OCD thing, but it's still about 1/2 lower than it used to be (pre-pregnancy).
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I reckon this is all BS, sorry. Your bones havent moved, you are retaining fat around the hips. Not skeletal and not abnormal, just the way it is.

I wish it were BS, but I don't think fat pokes out quit like this and only on 1 side. I'd take a photo and show but I'd have to take my undies off for that and well, sorry not happening :P
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If it doesnt poke through your undies then it doesnt poke at all.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    It pokes through but to make it so you don't think I'm stuffing something in there lol. It's weird looking but more weird looking through the skin. Why don't you do some searching on it if you think it's bs?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    v5i97t.jpg

I can see it but then I see everything wrong with my body.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Flaming heck, you take that picture after trying to tell us you have a pelvic abnormality resulting from childbirth? Ptth.

After that pic I suggest you need to relax and be happy in your own skin, hubba hubba and all that.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Flaming heck, you take that picture after trying to tell us you have a pelvic abnormality resulting from childbirth? Ptth.

After that pic I suggest you need to relax and be happy in your own skin, hubba hubba and all that.

BAHAHAHA! I took that a week ago I just had to find it. But thanks, I still don't like it :P but it's my body I'm allowed to not like something on it :D you don't see me naked :D
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It's a real thing that happens to pregnant women, it is in fact the joints relaxing and the gap between the ball and socket joint increasing causing the overall pelvic area to widen. In a lot of cases the difference is tiny, maybe 1mm and may go unnoticed, in more severe cases women experience pain or problems with alignment of the hips/pelvis and may require physical therapy, a handful of women may even dislocate a hip. The effects vary greatly from woman to woman. Sometimes the joint returns to normal, sometimes it doesn't.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    Dont need to see you naked to see you are a babe.
  • emergencytennis
    Options
    It's a real thing that happens to pregnant women, it is in fact the joints relaxing and the gap between the ball and socket joint increasing causing the overall pelvic area to widen. In a lot of cases the difference is tiny, maybe 1mm and may go unnoticed, in more severe cases women experience pain or problems with alignment of the hips/pelvis and may require physical therapy, a handful of women may even dislocate a hip. The effects vary greatly from woman to woman. Sometimes the joint returns to normal, sometimes it doesn't.

No argument here, and I experienced a lot of pain in the pelvic joint with my second. Everything gets loose and ready. I dont believe most women experience a permanent change in the shape of their pelvis post partum.
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I didnt really have hips till i had my baby's, so i love them lol Sorry that dont help OP lol
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    From what I was told, these things may never return to their original state.
  • lorna1002
    Options

No argument here, and I experienced a lot of pain in the pelvic joint with my second. Everything gets loose and ready. I dont believe most women experience a permanent change in the shape of their pelvis post partum.

No, most women probably wouldn't, it's just the extreme cases, and these women would probably benefit from some kind of Physio.

Having children is a nightmare on your body! Worth every stretchmark, contraction and lb gained though :wink:
  • lorna1002
    Options
    also for the record OP, you have a lovely body! I'm quite jealous :smile: