8 months and still going....

Options
I started MFP on April 12th 2011. I did awesome for 6 months. I reached a blip in October (it was my birthday!). The blip went on for 6-7 weeks and I put on 8-10lbs of the 44lbs I lost. Gutted. I ended up having a good cry and having a stern word with myself, revisualising my goal and absorbed myself in MFP success stories. My friends on here welcomed me back with open arms and are the most supportive people I have and ever hope to meet.
I got back on it recently and started losing all over again, but I was just looking through my journey through posts on here, all 182 of them and one of them caught my eye. In June I was talking about my ultimate goal being 4 stone away. (56lbs). I couldn't believe it. I had completely forgotten how far I have come!!! I had lost over 3 stone (42lbs) before my blip, and even now I'm almost back to that point again.
Looking back what seemed so impossible is now achievable! I can not quite believe it, even writing it down doesn't make it real.
So if anyone needs any motivation as to keeping at it, starting it or even if they're just having a down day, absorb yourself in the success stories and one day without realising you'll become one yourself!
As always I would like to thank my network of friends for without them none of this would be possible I am sure. You are all so fabuloso and well gosh darn it I love ya!

Replies

• emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    You are a great support to all your MFP friends...an you should be very proud of dusting yourself off and getting back on it!!

Its a journey and its not always going to be an easy one, and you're not always going to be in the right place to focus on losing weight, but its damage limitation and getting back on that wagon as soon as you can and head once again towards your goal!!

Great advice...about focusing on the positive things you achieved throughout your journey is better than thinking "i've put on a pound or two" or "i've only lost x amount of pounds in the past few months" (which I am guilty of) and you are then more likely to get focused again!!

You have achieved so much and anyone can do it as long as they are in the right place to do i (and having the support of people like you helps), cos its not always an easy journey!!!

On another note...you look HoT!!:bigsmile:
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Yeah.. so hot you want it!!! ha ha!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Yeah.. so hot you want it!!! ha ha!