What's your most treasured life lesson?

Options
124»

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Your standard of living is not decided by where you came from. It is determined by where you choose to go. - rm

Also:

never bring work home and never bring home to work
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

....and it's all small stuff.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    "This, too, shall pass"
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    There are very few people in your life who you can genuinely trust. Keep your loved ones close, your mind sharp, and don't let your guard down.

Pretty much this. I also learned, lamentably late in life, that there is no God waiting to swoop in and bail humanity as a whole or individually out of the mess we're all in (or, for you New Age types, aliens, humans from the future, or magic unicorns).
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    No one can make you happy except yourself, so don't settle for anything less than exactly what you want in life.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    No one can make you happy except yourself, so don't settle for anything less than exactly what you want in life.

I like this one.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

I like this one.

It took my a while to learn that one
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    The heart doesn't lie. Whether it's good or bad, it never lies. It warns you, it cautions you. Follow your heart.

• stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Divorce sucks! It can throw you into a deep depression and make you want to distance yourself from your closest friends. Don't let it win... Don't let it get the best of you... It physically hurts and is overwhelming, but you need to push through it... It gets better over time... Keep your friends close, don't push them away they are your best support.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    "The crap that happens in life is a fertilizer for a better future"
    Just have to remind myself sometimes that whatever happens, happens for a reason
  • CurlyQTee
    Options
    Never make someone a priority if they only make you an option.

I love this.
  • CurlyQTee
    Options
    I learned not to work harder than the other person in any relationship.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    When I was a boy whenever I did something thoughtless and irresponsible my Father would say
    "Grow up stupid"

So I took him at his word and did so
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    you have to be able to be happy alone before you can truly be happy with anyone else

and

confidence and humbleness are the most attractive qualities you can have
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You can't ever really know anyone.