Most wanted Kitchen gadget

Options

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've got some great gadgets...the kitchenaid mixer is my FAVE, along with a really nice set of pots and pans.

That said, I'd like a new kitchen scale (mine just broke and was cruddy anyhow) and a one cup food processor.

My DREAMIEST of Dreams: A stove like this Viking, but with a flat griddle change out where the grill is. Since we're dreaming, I'll be greedy and want both! LOL!

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/VGCC5488BSS.html?mv_pc=br
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I want a new food processor, a bigger freezer, and a new set of knifes!!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    A wife? Or is that really sexist ;)

Is this my husband's secret account?
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Can I have a wife too? lol I am tired of doing it all myself :laugh:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    If I had a big kitchen I would like a food processor and bread maker but most of all I would like an automatic potato peeler...handling raw potato starch breaks my hands out in awful dermatitis so all tatties eaten in this house still have their peel on...not good for roasties or mash

Have you tried peeling them wearing surgical gloves? I have a box in my kitchen for working with hot peppers or something that will stain my hands.

The most indulgent kitchen item I want is a chocolate tempering machine.
  • Munque
    Munque Posts: 123
    Options
    I have 4 crockpots, a toaster oven, a juicer, used to have a george foreman grill but never used it, I've given so many gadgets to my mom because I prefer to do things the hard way I guess, I have good knives, a blender a margarita maker, it's endless. What I really want, is a pizza stone. I love pizza, and if I could get them as crispy as I'd like I would make them more at home and it would be so much healthier. I like the nu-wave too, but it's so big, and my kitchen is just little and the pantry doesn't have food in it anymore to accomodate all my appliances.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    lol omg i want a food scale so bad!

ME TOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just bought one last week. Well worth the money spent. no more guessing.
  • lindsaymj7
    Options
    Definitely a digital food scale
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I want

-A Double Oven
    -A Kitchen Aid Professional Stand Mixer (6 quart size)
    - A Ninga Blender system
    -Some REALLY GOOD knives that don't cost an arm and a leg to buy that also have the block to put them all in.
    -A digital food scale (so I can accurately measure ingredients and food portions!)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I really want one of those chopper thingies from Pampered Chef that you can take out your frustrations on.

Have this - love it! It's taken a beating - is probably going on 10 years old... and still works great.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely a Viking range. It has to wait until we remodel the kitchen, but that's what I REALLY want.

For those of you that want a food scale, get yourself over to Bed Bath & Beyond. They sell a Taylor scale for $19.99. If you have a 20% off coupon it's only $15.99 and if you have a $5 off coupon it's $14.99. We have two of these and they are really worth having!
  • new_me_123
    Options
    I want a KitchenAid mixer! That thing is a ninja. For baking of course :flowerforyou:
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    a bigger fridge with a freezer drawer and attachment for my kitchen aid mixer (pasta maker or grinder or both)
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Can I have a wife too? lol I am tired of doing it all myself :laugh:
    [/quote
    Seriously! I would LOVE to have a wife!! Ha!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would love one of those stainless steel mixing devices!! I hate when I make tortillas and I have to touch the dough!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    The UPS dude JUST delivered my Slap Chop. :laugh: I cry and cry cutting onions and no trick helps. So Im gonna try this thing out! Other than this... a full size blender for soups. I have a small one so I can do it in batches but thats a pain!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The UPS dude JUST delivered my Slap Chop. :laugh: I cry and cry cutting onions and no trick helps. So Im gonna try this thing out! Other than this... a full size blender for soups. I have a small one so I can do it in batches but thats a pain!

Try freezing your onion before you chop it (if you are going to be cooking them) that can cut back on the reaction that you get to the oils
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    lol omg i want a food scale so bad!

I got one of those last year!

I think I am getting the Ninja blender/food processor this year!
    I got the NInja blender last month! It's seriously amazing! I've been being spoiled with margarita's, daiquiri's, milkshakes and smoothies. Gotta seriously cut back on them though. The one negative I have is that before you start it, always make sure the blades are locked in place at the top. Sometimes (rarely mind you), they don't lock in the lid and then the blades spin wonky.

I need to get a new kitchen scale, my old one broke when I moved to my new home. xD
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    a true neapolitan wood fired pizza oven
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I'm gonna have to check this Ninja blender out. Thanks:flowerforyou: