Take your Hydroxycut to Walmart

Options
They will give you a refund for your hydroxycut even without the receipt! Just got back and they did it with no problem.:bigsmile:

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    They will give you a refund for your hydroxycut even without the receipt! Just got back and they did it with no problem.:bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Any retail store that sells the product must take it back with no questions asked. It is under a Federal Re-call. They will get reimbursed from the company that makes hydroxycut itself.
  • EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options

This may be a dumb question but mine is open and half used....soooo does that still qualify
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

This may be a dumb question but mine is open and half used....soooo does that still qualify

I say there are no dumb questions! :bigsmile: Mine was open and used as well and it was perfectly fine.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Yes, it is under a federal mandatory recall. Any place that sells it can not refuse to take it back.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    BUMP A ROO!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Just in case you missed it yesterday....BUMP! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I think I shall take mine back, although I may have to fish it out of the garbage (luckily the trash isn't heavy right now).
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just left Walgreens and they wouldnt take it back without my reciept, im not happy!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I just left Walgreens and they wouldnt take it back without my reciept, im not happy!

I would be printing out the recall notice and taking it to the store with me. They have to take it back.

I would be either emailing or writing a letter to corporate also.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options

Just take it to Walmart or Target.

Actually....they have to take it back since it was a federal recall. :angry:

Did you ask to talk to a manager??
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I took mine back to GNC the day the recall came out. I did happen to have my reciept as I file all my reciepts during the year. But, he would have taken it back without the receipt.
  • cryt11
    Options
    it was an assistant mgr, im going to call in the am
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Quoted directly from the FDA Website..........

I would print this out and take it to Wal-greens and promptly tell them they are violating Federal Law and that you are going to report them to the FDA.

I would follow through on filing the report too. Don't let them get away with this.

I have worked retail before and they have to comply, if they sold the product.
    Iovate is working with the FDA and retailers to ensure that these products are quickly and effectively removed from the market. For product refunds, consumers are directed to return their product directly to the location where it was purchased.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/iovate05_09.html
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    it was an assistant mgr, im going to call in the am
    bypass him call his boss:angry:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    When I went to Walmart....they still had all the hydroxycut on the shelves and were still selling it which I thought was kinda crazy.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    When I went to Walmart....they still had all the hydroxycut on the shelves and were still selling it which I thought was kinda crazy.

OMG, they are supposed to take it off the shelves...........

These people are idiots.

I think I am going to go to local retail establishments and see if I see any of the same things you guys are seeing...........If I see any of this stuff, I am going to take pictures and submit it to the FDA..........

My husband also has a box of Hydroxycut I need to take back to Wal-Mart and get his money back for him also.................
  • kgrc
    kgrc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What if you don't have the bottle? I know, it sounds silly..but I carried it around in my purse and the bottle always set off the sensor, so I put the remaining in a baggie.. BTW.. they made me very sick..
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    What if you don't have the bottle? I know, it sounds silly..but I carried it around in my purse and the bottle always set off the sensor, so I put the remaining in a baggie.. BTW.. they made me very sick..

I would try it anyway and see what happens. I don't think it would really matter. If they made you sick I think you are supposed to report to the FDA also.
  • cryt11
    Options
    I called they told me I had to come in and see the store mgr in am. What a crock like I have time to go all over!