TURBO FIRE / p90x / p90x2 / Chalean Xtreme / Hybrids!

Hello hello! How are you? While some of you may know me from my TURBO FIRE HOLIDAY COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE, some of you may be thinking, what the heck does she mean with that thread title...

Well, I'll tell you. I'm looking/speaking to all Beachbody-ers who are looking to start a program (of any kind) this coming January. It will more than likely be mid January of February as I want to give people enough time to recover from the holidays and NOT feel bad about it. Also, I am ending my Tfire program the first week of January and start teaching yoga/barre/pilates and need to get a routine down before committing to another 20 week program!

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS! NO NEED TO RUSH! :D LIKE FOOD, IT'S ALL ABOUT PREPARATION!

ABOUT ME: I found MFP 17 weeks ago when I started the 20 week program of TFire. I have lost numerous inches, gone down two sizes and lost some 23ish pounds! While working out is a lifestyle and CAN be fun... Let's face it, there are days I didn't want to do it.

But guess what? The thread I created helped me with my accountability (more than just logging since I actually TALKED to people), found friends, motivated myself, and many others. We were able to ask questions, laugh, cry and complain and sometimes just post what we did.

It's nice to have a support group that is not ALL weight focused with challenges and teams and all of that.

If you are into that, cool and go do it! :D I just don't have the time to do it all and I don't believe in weighing myself every week or comparing myself to others.

For me, I'm all about a sense of community and HEALTH AND WELLNESS. I don't weigh myself every week nor will i encourage you to do so, I do it every month. I don't stress the scale because they are just numbers. In fact, I believe that this journey is just as much mental as it is physical, if not more so! I have lost steadily since I joined MFP and just had a physical with the ND who told me I'm in better health now than when I was at 25 (and I'm 29)!

I stress doing what you can, learning your body and NOT BEATING YOURSELF up if you are sick, miss a day, have unexpected family come into town or any other of life's curve balls. I value taking life as it comes at you and learning to love and forgive yourself.

SO- IF YOU ARE WRAPPING UP A PROGRAM OR LOOKING TO GET/PURCHASE A PROGRAM (NO, NOT A COACH, SO I CAN'T HELP YOU THERE) OR ARE WANTING TO BE HEALTHIER THAN EVER BEFORE AND MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS. JOIN ME! Write in this thread and as we approach the new year I will keep you posted! :)

NAMASTE
=^.^= KIMWINS999

P.S. For all my old thread followers- LET'S KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!! Let's do a hybrid!!!!!!

Replies

• Well I have Slim in 6 from beach body. I get bored quickly with the same workouts. But I'll join.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Oh yes! I have Slim in Six too! And Yoga Booty Ballet and also INSANITY!!!!!!!!!! JOIN!
  • I'll Join! I just started Turbo Fire
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    I am looking to start something new in mid January. I was thinking about Insanity, but haven't decided. I would love to join your group and would love to hear suggestions for my next challenge! :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Excellent! I am in week 3 of TurboFire but would like to incorporate some of the other workouts (I have many of them from friends) so this'll be great. Will this be just a thread on the board or a group?
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    BTW Kim, the picture in your ticker looks so yummy it's making me crave fruit salad!!
  • I might be up for this! I have ChaLean Extreme. And I have Slim In Six, but it's on VHS. I wonder how much it costs to have it converted to DVD....
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Sure I will join :smile: ..........right now, I'm in the 7th week of my P90X/Insanity hybrid which should wrap up around mid-January. When I am finished, I plan to start the P90X/TF hybrid because I miss doing my TF but want to keep working on my muscles by doing P90X.
  • Thankilates
    Hi guys! It sounds like you guys totally get what I am doing! :) I want to make sure you have enough time to finish your current workouts, buy anything you need to and well, just mentally prep so we can do this together! :)

I didn't even think about making this a group! What do you guys think?

The thing I like about the thread is that OTHERS can read it and get inspired even in they don't write or do the workouts. I have received numerous messages from people saying our thread has taught them things, etc. So for now, it will probably be a thread, but doesnt' mean we can't have a group too! :)

Off right now to push play for HIIT25 and Tfire55!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Hey¡!!

Thinking about a CLX / TF hybrid in the new year,,
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    I'm in for sure. Just 2 more weeks of my 1st round of TurboFire left. Im making up my own hybrid of P90X, TurboFire and Rockin Body. Plus I'll be incorporating some runs in there too. Cant wait
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    I purchased Insanity and was planning on starting about that time, so it's perfect! I'm in. :)
  • Thankilates
    I'm in for sure. Just 2 more weeks of my 1st round of TurboFire left. Im making up my own hybrid of P90X, TurboFire and Rockin Body. Plus I'll be incorporating some runs in there too. Cant wait

Girl you and I are in the same place! :) I love it! I can't wait to kick the New Year's butt with a hybrid program and to really shed these last 20 pounds! These are the 'vanity' pounds and well the first 10 will be easier... notice I didn't say easy, but the last 10, well I will need all your guy's encouragement! I AM READY! 30th birthday on the beach with bang'n bod, here i come!!!!!!

Can't wait, just wanted to check in and say Happy Holidays to everyone!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    So glad I found this thread!! My Turbo Fire should arrive just before Christmas and I was hoping to start it after the holidays. I'm HOPING to start it the 26th of December since I've been off working out for a couple weeks from being sick and I hate to go too much longer before getting back on that ban wagon! But if starting early isn't an issue, I'd love to join up and support you all!! :happy:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    I'm in. I just got ChaLEAN Xtreme, but haven't started yet. I also have Slim in 6... not sure which one I want to do first (suggestions?). I want to do Insanity next, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet! LOL
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Im interested. It will be right when I am able to pick it all back up again
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    I am doing turbo fire right now. It is amazing!! I have also done p90x and insanity. Insanity is crazy hard core but in the 60 days I did it I already saw my body changing. I was getting some an muscle and I was slimming down. I did p90x right after, and was surprised on the muscle I got from insanity
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    I'm in.

I just started a three month hybrid mixing Insaity, Chalean Extreme, trubo fire and some New Rules of Lifting for Women :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    I did the 20-week TF program starting at the beginning of the year. I tried Chalean Extreme, but didn't stick to it. I really didn't like the heavy lifting. I am thinking about trying it again w/ TF hybrid, and have considered other hybrids as well but haven't decided.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Day 1 Turbo Fire DONE!!!!