Options
Just signed up today. My New Years Resolution was to lose 20 lbs. by June 1st. Midway thru, I decided to increase my weight loss to 200. Now that I'm at 210, I'm at a stand-still. I thought I could do it by myself, but I realize that I need a push and/ or more motivation. :)

Replies

• tydunn
    tydunn Posts: 13
    Options
    Just signed up today. My New Years Resolution was to lose 20 lbs. by June 1st. Midway thru, I decided to increase my weight loss to 200. Now that I'm at 210, I'm at a stand-still. I thought I could do it by myself, but I realize that I need a push and/ or more motivation. :)
  • Kristil
    Kristil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you!!!
    Congrats!!
    :smile:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss and welcome to this site...

sheila
  • tigraine
    tigraine Posts: 9
    Options
    It's nice to have a place to go to track your progress and find support. I'm new myself. Signed up the middle of last month but only now really using it.

As for the plateau, try switching up your routine. I'm not an expert, but I've heard it's better to vary your routine when you hit a plateau. Give the body a new challenge.
  • mother23ts
    mother23ts Posts: 70
    Options
    Switch things up, take a dance class, ride a bike or go roller blading. You have to trick your body so it doesnt realize its still exercising and then you will lose weight.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hope you find that push and motivation here...I know I did. Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • erlehmkuhle
    erlehmkuhle Posts: 58
    Options
    Keep at it Ty. Watch your sodium intake. I was at a stand still too until I started watching sodium and once I got that under control, I started to shed weight again. Keep up the good work!!!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey Ty welcome! Good job on your loss thus far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the feeling on the stand still, I have lost 5 pounds in 10 days after being 2 months with nothin. I think men and women are definately different in this, but would guess the others are right, watch the sodium, drink lotsa water and switch up your diet and routine. I did all of those and started losing again.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tydunn
    tydunn Posts: 13
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for their support and comments!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    You can do one of two things to get over this hump. Increase your cardio, time or intensity either will work. Decrease the amount of time between sets when you lift, this will help keep your heart rate higher which will burn more calories.

Or you need to clean your diet up a little more, or you can do both and really get things going again!
    Really limit your carb intake after lunch, this will help you burn fat while you sleep!