New and would like determined friends

Options
My sister dragged me on here literally lol. I use Dr. Oz Sharecare but she made me check it out and I do like this site as well. I would love to meet new people and build friendships on here that last a lifetime. If your like me, you really can use a sincere person who actually knows what your going through. Losing weight is not easy and I'm so tired of hearing people who have no idea what your going through comment on it with comments that just don't make sense.
My name is Joe and I"m from NY but came to Camp Pendleton, CA because I joined the Marine Corps. Contrary to peoples beliefs, I am a very active person. I just can't seem to lose weight. Diet is the absolute key. However, people are all different. When I lock down on the diet, I still don't lose weight as fast as my other Marine counterparts or anybody else for that matter. I have alot of muscle, but have a high body-fat % as well. Its easy for me to build muscle, and easy for me to put on fat, but not easy to lose it for some reason lol.
However, I am guilty for not sticking things through. Or getting creative when I hit my plateaus. That is something I want to stick out this time. I realize I'm getting older and the weight is really hard to get off. It seems I can lose weight alot more easy on deployments but only a little while in the states. This time I'm determined to change that.
If your looking for a sincere friend who knows what your going through- please holla at me lol. I'm convinced that laughter and friendships along with a clean diet is the best of medicines. Best of luck to all of you on your weight loss journies and know that your not alone. Now I'm going to get off my stocky, fat butt and go for a short run and start to get back into the swing of things as of now. Hope to speak to you all soon.

Joe

Replies

• MeguPARN
    Options
    First of all, your profile name is pretty hilarious! It took me a sec to figure it out, when I did it gave me a chuckle - very creative. I love and respect the fact that you are a marine so first I have to say "thank you" for keeping this country safe and defending our freedom.
    I can sympathize with your issue of easily gaining. I'm the same way. I work an active job and for a while I was just so exhausted. I would work 7am-5:30pm on my feet, come home and just crash on the couch and sleep from 6:30 till 5:15 when my alarm woke me up the next day. I saw my doctor and he said there was nothing wrong with me so finally I saw a new doctor. Wouldn't you know, that during my first appointment my new doc drew some labs and called me the next day to tell me I was severely anemic, B12 deficient and hypothyroid. I started B12 and iron supplements and a thyroid med the next day and felt like a different person within a couple of weeks. I've never been a depressed person, but sleeping my life away was pretty depressing. The B12 actually helped my mood, too! So if you haven't had your labs done in a while, you should probably talk to your doc. It's also good at our age to start checking cholesterol - at least you'll have a baseline.
    I'm big on weight lifting and I really hate cardio, which sounds somewhat similar to what you wrote, so if you'd like to motivate one another, I'm down.
  • Droppinelbees
    Droppinelbees Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL I knew it would take people a few till they caught on lol. I wanted a different name since I always go with the usual. Yes yes yes, I hate cardio but do it because I have to in the military, however I love weight lifting. I learned to like this thing they call crossfit which sort of combines the two. Wow, doctors are something else. I can't believe the first doctor didn't take labs right away. Thats like the first troubleshooting step lol. Glad you found out what was wrong and how to go about fixing it. And NO, thank you guys all... signing up for the Marines is all our choice. Everyone has a choice, but whats awesome are people like you who support us so much and its really just our job. Thank you for your support. As for labs, we take em every year, plus I just had surgery so they took some more. Everything checks fine except the fact that I have high blood pressure which with proper nutrition will go down lol. I actually just got back from a run... its embarrassing so I don't want to say it lol. I been out the game for a minute due to an injury and surgery so I had to start off slow: no laughing... 2 mile run. I usually always push myself and over do things I was determined this time around to not do that. I felt some slight discomfort and pain but pushed through and walked when I had to and it went away. I'm so focused on getting back on track so for one: thanks for hitting me back and two: let the MOTIVATION begin lol.
    Seriously, thanks for hitting me up and I can't wait to share my progress with you.
  • mcovillion
    Options
    hey there, i'd love to have another motivating friend, and i'll be happy to return the favor. i'm on a weight loss journey that i start every year and end way too soon. hoping this year will be different. i have about 50 pounds to lose. i think joining this site will help alot.
  • mcovillion
    Options
    by the way, i'm also from ny, about 60 miles from the city. have family in brooklyn.
  • akonobi
    Options
    I do this diet a couple of times a year but it's more like a fast than a diet. It's like a detox diet.

http://valu-trek.com/review-mastercleanse-10-day-diet