3 years of holiday party pics!

Options
merimeaux
merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
Sometimes I have a difficult time *seeing* that I've lost weight, but after looking at pictures from this year's holiday party and comparing them with the previous two years I can tell that I've come a long way. I'm not finished with my weight loss journey, but actually being able to see my progress has given me a bit of motivation!

ET2009.jpg
2009 holiday party: about +57 pounds from today (this is actually prior to joining MFP)

ET2010.jpg
2010 holiday party: about +9 pounds from today

ET2011.jpg
2011 holiday party: present weight, and on my third week of P90X! :)

Replies

• kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    look'n great!
  • pjperez
    Options
    Great job!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! I love how you and your man match! hotness...
  • marialynnporter
    marialynnporter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • csamoska
    csamoska Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty! Great Work!
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! You look STUNNING pics like yours (and others just like yours) have been huge in keeping me motivated. MFP has been just incredible to me.
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    You look great. And your holiday parties look like fun!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    you look great!! love your style, too. :D
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look so good, and I love how you guys match!
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh...my....gah. You seriously look AMAZING! You are so gorgeous! I love your hair and make-up and outfit and everything. You should be proud, you've accomplished a lot!
  • BlueLikeJazz
    Options
    Actually, now I want to know, how do you get your hair that light? I've gone through a few bleaching/toning processes and mine is getting close, but isn't quite there yet. Do you have naturally really light hair? Go to the salon? Do it at home? Please share the platinum prettiness secret lol.
  • MandyTJ88
    MandyTJ88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! The hard work is definitely paying off!! :)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your positive comments, everyone! I so appreciate the support I've found on MFP. It's pretty amazing. :)

About the matching: Yeah, I'm kind of a nerd like that...hehe :) I was pumped about the turquoise tie I found for my boyfriend this year. Perfect match!

@BlueLikeJazz about my hair: Nope, I'm not naturally platinum! My hair is a light brown color...light, but definitely NOT blonde. I go to a local Aveda place and they bleach me using Enlightener, 20 (or 30?) volume and cream booster. They actually don't have to tone me--my hair lifts to platinum by itself. Between visits for retouching, I use a blue shampoo and conditioner I always get on sale at Beauty Brands when they have their annual liter sale...it helps keep the gold tones out. When I was a baby I had strawberry blonde hair, so maybe that's why it "likes" the bleach...? (They're always amazed at how it lifts so well, so I don't know.)
  • BlueLikeJazz
    Options
    Thanks for your positive comments, everyone! I so appreciate the support I've found on MFP. It's pretty amazing. :)

About the matching: Yeah, I'm kind of a nerd like that...hehe :) I was pumped about the turquoise tie I found for my boyfriend this year. Perfect match!

@BlueLikeJazz about my hair: Nope, I'm not naturally platinum! My hair is a light brown color...light, but definitely NOT blonde. I go to a local Aveda place and they bleach me using Enlightener, 20 (or 30?) volume and cream booster. They actually don't have to tone me--my hair lifts to platinum by itself. Between visits for retouching, I use a blue shampoo and conditioner I always get on sale at Beauty Brands when they have their annual liter sale...it helps keep the gold tones out. When I was a baby I had strawberry blonde hair, so maybe that's why it "likes" the bleach...? (They're always amazed at how it lifts so well, so I don't know.)

Oh you lucky son of a gun. I had previously dyed my hair dark dark brown/auburn for about 10 years (with a few coats of black in there every now and then) so it did lift well considering the situation, but initially it lifted to "strawberry blonde," at least that's what the stylist called it but I felt like it looked orange lol. It's now a pretty pale blonde after a third bleach/tone session. Once the dyed part all grows out, I think it'll end up a lot like your color because my roots are pretty much white every time I bleach now. Thanks for the tips, though, I'm gonna look for some blue shampoo/conditioner!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!