losing 7 pounds

Options
Hi,

I’m new to fitnesspal and I think it’s great especially the calorie counter – so handy cause without it I had no clue how may calories I was eating. What I’m finding hard though is losing the half a stone I want to. I am 5 ft 6 in and currently 10 stone 7 pounds . For the past few years my weight has been between 10 stone and 11 stone. For the past few months I have been in and around 10 stone 7. I am finding it hard to lose 7 pounds to get to 10 stone. I am trying to keep to the 1200 calories a day but some days I find I go over even when eating healthy food.
I have mild IBS (diagnosed last year) and also suffer from migraines if my blood sugar levels go low (so if I miss a meal I will get a migraine).
At the moment I am eating wheat free cereal with soya milk for breakfast. At 11:00 I would have a snack of banana and probiotic yogurt. At 13:00 for lunch I would have salad (lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, tuna and sometimes cous cous and potato salad). At 16:00 I would have another probiotic yogurt. For dinner at 18:00 or 19:00 I would have fish or meat, veg or salad and rice. For the past weeks I have been drinking 2 litres of water a day (well 5 days a week anyway at work – at weekends I mite not drink as much).

As for exercise I try and do 30 mins a day (at the least), either going for a walk, going to the gym or doing classes in the gym. I am hoping to increase my exercise levels in the next few weeks once I fully recover from an ankle injury.

Still with all the exercise and trying to stick to healthy food I still seem to be stuck at 10 stone 7.
Has anyone been stuck in the same situation or have any tips to lose the last 7 pounds.

Thanks.

Replies

• nm27
    nm27 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

I’m new to fitnesspal and I think it’s great especially the calorie counter – so handy cause without it I had no clue how may calories I was eating. What I’m finding hard though is losing the half a stone I want to. I am 5 ft 6 in and currently 10 stone 7 pounds . For the past few years my weight has been between 10 stone and 11 stone. For the past few months I have been in and around 10 stone 7. I am finding it hard to lose 7 pounds to get to 10 stone. I am trying to keep to the 1200 calories a day but some days I find I go over even when eating healthy food.
    I have mild IBS (diagnosed last year) and also suffer from migraines if my blood sugar levels go low (so if I miss a meal I will get a migraine).
    At the moment I am eating wheat free cereal with soya milk for breakfast. At 11:00 I would have a snack of banana and probiotic yogurt. At 13:00 for lunch I would have salad (lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, tuna and sometimes cous cous and potato salad). At 16:00 I would have another probiotic yogurt. For dinner at 18:00 or 19:00 I would have fish or meat, veg or salad and rice. For the past weeks I have been drinking 2 litres of water a day (well 5 days a week anyway at work – at weekends I mite not drink as much).

As for exercise I try and do 30 mins a day (at the least), either going for a walk, going to the gym or doing classes in the gym. I am hoping to increase my exercise levels in the next few weeks once I fully recover from an ankle injury.

Still with all the exercise and trying to stick to healthy food I still seem to be stuck at 10 stone 7.
    Has anyone been stuck in the same situation or have any tips to lose the last 7 pounds.

Thanks.
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    I can relate to you, i am within my calories of 1200 and drink loads of water daily, but im stuck this past two weeks on 154lbs, trying for my first goal of 140lbs and nothing is going, i don't know where im going wrong either, just have to stick with it i guess :smile:
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find that confusing my body occasionally helps, by eating big one day.... every now and then I will eat way over my 1200 calories, it seems to work..
  • amdavies
    amdavies Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am the same, just stuck trying to lose the last few pounds that wont shift from my waist.

keep going! just push on through and it will come off. the last few are always the most stubborn!