How often do you go over?!

Options
I've noticed that lately I've been going about 200 calories over my limit. It's difficult lol. I've noticed that I have one meal with tons of calories, then one meal with like 300. I need to learn to work that out.

So how often to you go over your calories?

Replies

• ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    I've noticed that lately I've been going about 200 calories over my limit. It's difficult lol. I've noticed that I have one meal with tons of calories, then one meal with like 300. I need to learn to work that out.

So how often to you go over your calories?
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 calories left over at the end of the night. It's not always like that, I go over on the weekend if I have some alcohol. I play the numbers game a lot and calculate what I can eat the most of for the smallest calorie hit in my intake. I also do exercise if I know I'm going out for dinner or eating some yummy pasta so I can have some extra calories.

What is your daily calories? I'm on 1200. :smile:

PS> Love your kitty in your ticker!
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    Well the thing on here says I should only take in 1,620 calories. I've went over the past two days about 200 - 300 :\ Then again I'm just getting started on counting calories...

I decided to get on here and see how much each thing I'm eating is, then decide if I want to eat it, or change to something else...

and thanks! Hehe thats my girl, Miss Kitty lol she's rubbin on my hands and licking them as I type right now :grumble: lol
  • angie2009
    angie2009 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

I just started but used to be big on Atkins and only focused on the carbs until it stopped working. So now I'm doing my one proven way of losing weight: Science!

Figure out how much you have to lose which in my case is a little over 100lbs. I then total that amount by 3500 (3500 calories in a pound) which for me is 350,000. That's how many calories I have to burn in order to reach goal.

I then weigh myself each day and multiply that by 10, which for me at a whopping 255 lbs. today was 2,550. That's the freebie you burn off just by breathing. Then you just take off what you burn in working out, and add what you eat and you get a real clear picture.

One nice thing is that I get the pleasure of adjusting the numbers once a week because you'll lose more than what you put down usually, but you'll at least lose what you are marking. I like to think of the calories like money, and it's going to cost me $350,000 to get the body I want. And, I get paid a $1 for every calorie I burn. It's a real incentive, and seeing the numbers going up and down is a real motivator to stick with it.

Someone telling you to just eat x amount of calories a day and not understanding why, can lead you a little out of control. I like knowing exactly what I'm doing and how it's going to affect me.

And with that said I don't know if you're like me, but I can do well all day. But boy, when night comes I get really hungry. That's where I can go astray pretty quickly. The things that work for me are soup and hot tea.

Tea has no calories and is nice and warm. Soup is warm and filling. Just add 2 tablespoons of chicken bouillon (sp?) which is only 30 calories and put in some meat and vegetables you have lying around. The water in both really fill you up, the warmth makes you feel satisfied and comforted. Tonight I had pork (leftover chop), shrimp (frozen), zucchini, and broccoli soup tonight. It was only 50 calories a bowl and took less than five minutes to prepare. Yummy!

Hope this helps,

Angie
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    Almost never. If it's by like, 2 calories I really don't care, but if it's ten I have to jog in palce for a minute. Once I was 200 some oer as well (I'd had dinner at a party) and had to use my exersize bike to work it off. I've bcome OCD about having myself AT the limit.
  • RD2be
    RD2be Posts: 10
    Options
    I go over alot :ohwell:

And by like 500 or more! (I'm really good eh?? haha) I just never counted calories before and to reach my goal MFP recommends 1200 calories so now I feel like I'm eating so little!

It will get better though. Once you get used to balancing meals and paying more attention to calories and recognizing what foods have the most. I find having smaller meals and snacks more often throughout the day helps me not be so hungry and I can come closer to the calories I'm supposed to have.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Almost never. If it's by like, 2 calories I really don't care, but if it's ten I have to jog in palce for a minute. Once I was 200 some oer as well (I'd had dinner at a party) and had to use my exersize bike to work it off. I've bcome OCD about having myself AT the limit.

It is really not healthy to be that demanding about going over 10 or even 50 calories in my opinion. try to relax, its good to go over sometimes, keeps your body guessing.