Replies

• djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toliveoil
    toliveoil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A whole mess of kale, butternut squash, a can of white beans, onion, celery, bay leaf, thyme, chili flakes, a dash of nutmeg, s/p, garlic, a box of veggie stock, and Soy Chorizo...it's under 300 and SO filling and tasty...favorite favorite.
  • BeingSetFree
    Options
    Oooo - so many good ideas! BUMP!
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump..
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from a Slow Cooker cookbook.

Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
    1chicken cut up (we use whatever pieces we have on hand- usually legs and thighs)
    4 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered)
    8 large garlic cloves (or 8 teaspoons of minced garlic)
    1/4 melted butter
    1/4 honey

Put potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Add garlic. Drizzle butter and honey on top. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender and potatoes are cooked through. Serves 4

Note: We often add a few carrots and up the honey just a little. This is a family favorite.

I seemed to be recipe posting challenged. 1/4 cup of both butter and honey (I use Tastes Like Butter from Aldi)
  • chickpea00
    Options
    I do one very similar to the chicken, black beans and salsa, but I also add corn. Its pretty tasty. The Weight Watchers Taco Soup is also Delish!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :)
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    great recipes!!
  • phillips9366
    phillips9366 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Order the book "Fix it and forget it lightly". It's real cheap on Amazon.com and it will keep you busy for a long time with your crockpot. Many, many great recipes.

What we do is enter the ingredients on fitnesspal and then estimate how many servings in the recipe. Then you have a good estimate of the calories you consume for each dish.

My wife has some fantabulous recipes too. I'll see if she'll chime in here.

Enjoy. Crock Pots Rock!
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato and Lentil Stew

Ingredients
    4 cups vegetable broth
    3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/4 pounds)
    1-1/2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
    3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
    1 medium onion, chopped
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
    In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cilantro and salt. Yield: 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 247 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 14 g protein.

If you're not a strict vegan, you can use low salt chicken broth instead.
  • meganmorsey
    Options
    My recipe is very similiar to this one on allrecipes- only main difference is no corn or tortillas (i don't do starchy foods) and I top each bowl with a bunch of raw, chopped cilantro and fresh squeezed lime to serve and a touch of sour cream if I am in the mood. = ) No chips needed to make this uber delicious on winter nights!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-soup/detail.aspx

edit- forgot to include link!

I just made this one on Monday and have had it for lunch every day this week! I do add the corn and I also added a can of black beans. I crumble a few baked tostitos on top.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe from a Slow Cooker cookbook.

Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
    1chicken cut up (we use whatever pieces we have on hand- usually legs and thighs)
    4 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered)
    8 large garlic cloves (or 8 teaspoons of minced garlic)
    1/4 melted butter
    1/4 honey

Put potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the chicken on top. Add garlic. Drizzle butter and honey on top. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender and potatoes are cooked through. Serves 4

Note: We often add a few carrots and up the honey just a little. This is a family favorite.

I seemed to be recipe posting challenged. 1/4 cup of both butter and honey (I use Tastes Like Butter from Aldi)

BUMP
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • djcon
    Options
    I made this (Garlic Chicken and Potatoes -posted above) and I also have shared this recipe with several folks. It is super simple and delicious. Those I have shared the recipe with totally agree!
  • Venus2011
    Options
    bump

:flowerforyou:
  • Venus2011
    Options
    bump

:flowerforyou:
  • pinkstarr
    Options
    Bump. Great recipes.
  • djcon
    Options
    I have made this and it is very, very good and very , simple
    The easiest crockpot recipe ever:

Boneless skinless chicken breast (I use 2)
    1 can black beans
    Salsa (I just pour some...maybe 2 cups?)

Put all ingredients in crock pot, crank it up and leave. Come home and chicken should easily shred apart. Stir and serve either on a tortilla or over a salad with sour cream and cheese (and other stuff like cilantro or more salsa if you prefer).
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump!