Tanning in a bed

Options
Okay okay who does it? Who wishes they would stop? Who loves it and doesn't want to stop?

:wink:

Replies

• ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Barf. Tanning beds are weird
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love it! I think I look better naked when I am tan.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I used to, but I'm kind of attached to my pasty white skin.

Plus skin cancer makes me sick :sick:

No, really, it does!
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love it, i know its bad...but i dont want to stop.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Never! Why invite skin cancer into your life when you can fake tan with no risk?
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    I love the saying : Fake it don't Bake it!!!! Each to their own though....
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love it in the winter, but I don't do it because I don't want cancer and wrinkles!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I admit I am a sucker for dark skin.. and I usually tan a few times in the Spring to keep from burning myself to a crisp come summer (I spend a good deal of time at the beach and the pool when I can, plus I run in the sun as much as possible). I actually have been tossing around using sunscreen now that I'm approaching 40.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i like my "moon-glo" natural tan. theres nothing better than being so white, i can glo in the dark! lol
    seriously, i used to tan in the beds, it was quicker & easier & i looked less fat with a tan.
    but i stopped cuz i saw a serious tanner & her skin was like leather! YUCK!
    id rather look like a vampire, than look older than dirt. :glasses:
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Plus skin cancer makes me sick :sick:

No, really, it does!

Bahahahaha. :laugh:
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im staying at a friends house who has a tanning bed, and I want to be in it 24/7
    Not necessarily to get tan, but it makes me feel so comfortable. I am the opposite of claustrophobic, I guess and I love the noise and the lights, and the cool eye protector goggles, hahah >.< Im happy im only here for a few days so I dont get a first class ticket to cancer.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yeah... gross. I used to and I got skin cancer at 24. :mad:

Now I'm PALE AND PROUD! :tongue:

Also, why make yourself prone to extra (or early) wrinkles when you KNOW you can avoid them. DUH!
  • hottamolly00
    Options
    I admit I am a sucker for dark skin.. and I usually tan a few times in the Spring to keep from burning myself to a crisp come summer (I spend a good deal of time at the beach and the pool when I can, plus I run in the sun as much as possible). I actually have been tossing around using sunscreen now that I'm approaching 40.

Tossing around the idea? Get on the sunscreen bandwagon NOW! A suntan is considered skin damage by professionals.
  • hottamolly00
    Options
    Im staying at a friends house who has a tanning bed, and I want to be in it 24/7
    Not necessarily to get tan, but it makes me feel so comfortable. I am the opposite of claustrophobic, I guess and I love the noise and the lights, and the cool eye protector goggles, hahah >.< Im happy im only here for a few days so I dont get a first class ticket to cancer.

Careful! Even a few minutes a few times a week can make you extremely more prone to cancer. I got it at 24 and barely tanned at all!
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    & this is why i dont spray tan.

spray-tan-fail.jpg
    article-1040599-02242EB400000578-337_224x347.jpg
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I did the whole tanning bed thing years ago. Not anymore. Having 5 moles removed is not fun. Thankfully no skin cancer....yet.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    was literally addicted to tanning in HS... I went through a short tanning spurt in January but finally quit. I imagine that I will go a few times before summer this year to get started...not a fan of being pail..but..skin cancer is becoming more real and scary to me as I get older, plus it's a lot of money for someone like me, who doesn't tan very easy. When I used to go all the time, I went every other day and spray tanned to keep up.
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wear sunscreen all the time. Even with sunscreen my skin can go quite brown due to my heritage.

But i wear it becuase i dont want wrinkles! Im 28 and I still get asked for ID all the time in a country where the age is 18.

So Im quite brown to start off with but i think white skin is beautiful! I also hate fake tan! Seriously me and my partner dont know why so many people do it, it looks orange!
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For every dollar you spend in the tanning bed, put aside another 1000 dollars to deal with your skin cancer down the track.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Tanning.jpg