dear ladies...

Options
Do you still weigh in at that time of the month?

:)

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Ellie.. You're kidding right?

No! Never ever.. I give myself the week off.. and try not to strangle people :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Umm I don't know if that was sarcasm or not :S but because i ALWAYS weigh more cos of water weight/sooo bloated then it goes away straight after my period I dunno if I should or not
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I do.....just coz I get curious, then I seem to lose a whole lot the week after coz I'm not retaining the fluid. Makes me feel good....the week after
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    yes I do and I do retain fluid so often my weight goes up
    in fact by weighing daily for a couple of months I could see the real pattern of my body and it helped me to not worry on the weeks when weight went up as I knew how long I would be bloated and just when to step on the scales again
  • dad106
    Options

Umm I don't know if that was sarcasm or not :S but because i ALWAYS weigh more cos of water weight/sooo bloated then it goes away straight after my period I dunno if I should or not

Now I'm confused as to if you were being sarcastic or not... So confused!

Can we just agree that the answer is No don't weigh... and skip all the nonsense... please?:)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    yes, i still do weigh in when its TOM. it is always a nice surprise the following week to see the big difference :-)
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I will weigh myself, but I won't document it. It just keeps me in check with what is going on. =]
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

Can we just agree that the answer is No don't weigh... and skip all the nonsense... please?:)

i don't get why i would be being sarcastic :S
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Nope, not everyone agrees with you.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Yep, every morning, and every night before bed.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

ps, what nonsense? :S
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I hate TOM!!!!! My weigh in day was yesterday...I didn't log it LOL!!! :noway:
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know I weigh more just before and during my period, about 5 lbs. I don't have a scale, so I just don't bother to find one during that time. In moving toward my goals, I am focusing more on what my clothes feel like.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I always weigh...even if I ate like a fat kid (like last night...jeez, 2 slices of pizza for 900 calories???)...because that is how I stay accountable to ME. I weigh during that week knowing there are probably issues and not freak out if it moves up...like right now during PMS week...and use that to motivate me to work harder in my workouts (aka, stuff I can control)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I still weigh myself, but if there is an increase in the scale (lol, I refuse to call it a gain), I don't log it. I kind of mentally fool myself so that if I see a higher number, I use that as motivation to really stick to my goals for the week. And then I usually end of losing 1.5lbs the next week.
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    yes I do and I do retain fluid so often my weight goes up
    in fact by weighing daily for a couple of months I could see the real pattern of my body and it helped me to not worry on the weeks when weight went up as I knew how long I would be bloated and just when to step on the scales again

I just wanted to tell you that your pic is soooo cool! How the heck did you do that? That is awesome!!! :wink:
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options

i don't get why i would be being sarcastic :S

Haha!! No kidding! I know when its that time of the month for me I want to strangle people too! :laugh:
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options

I think the sarcasm and nonsense refers to the fact that this very same question is posted EVERY DAY, if not every hour on this forum. Personally my philosophy is do what works for you, you don't need the permission of various strangers on a forum. :flowerforyou: There is, however, a lovely search function near the top of every forum page which is very handy for checking to see if what you're interested in knowing has been covered before. Just a thought!
  • dad106
    Options

I think the sarcasm and nonsense refers to the fact that this very same question is posted EVERY DAY, if not every hour on this forum. Personally my philosophy is do what works for you, you don't need the permission of various strangers on a forum. :flowerforyou: There is, however, a lovely search function near the top of every forum page which is very handy for checking to see if what you're interested in knowing has been covered before. Just a thought!

To which I direct you here.. You'd appreciate this thread!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/422046-it-s-called-the-search-button
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I think she thought you were sarcastic because this question has been asked like a 1000 times. While a newbie might not have seen all the posts about TOM, you're pretty active on the boards so you must have seen them right?