2»

Replies

• whip67
    whip67 Posts: 32
    Options
    It's never over.
  • Tambos44
    Options
    I am on that wagon too! I went over 2 days in a row....and to top it off I ate late. What did I eat??? WENDY'S...Argh!
    SO, we will have to pep each other up!
    Do a few more crunches or walk a little extra. We can do this! My goal is to lose 50 Lbs.....I have 41 to go.
    My weakest point of the day is the evening meal. I do GREAT all day long, but dinner time BUSTS me everytime it seems. Another fault I have is Starbucks...a skim white chocolate mocha- grande is 400 calories! Oh my Goodness!
    Hang in there!!!! I am still learning this system, I need to know how to get friends.
    Have an awesome Friday!! :happy:
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can completly relate to what your saying.

With everything going on with me I fall off the wagon way too easily.

I'm great while i'm at work. force myself to go to the gym in the evenings when I am not working late.

But then am soo busy in the evenings (Read Twin's one of which is disabled and usually logging into work from home) that I get way too many takeaways.

Last night is prime example. I worked till 6:00pm. Drove an hour home. Put twins to bed at 7pm. Logged into work at 7:15pm Worked for 2.5 hours with the wife sat next to me saying I will go and cook food in a minute.

At 9:45pm I finished work and then started thinking about dinner. So said sod it and got a takeaway undoing all the good work for the day.

But to me. Its just that day.

tomorrow is another day and I want to kick the *kitten* of the bad calories from yesterday. So try and use it to motivate.

Granted that may be just me. Just remember you are always going to have a bad day/meal.

Just start again at the next one and enjoy the bad one once in a while.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    That's the wonderful thing about being alive and well...every single day is a chance to start over fresh. Your options and opportunities for change do not expire until you do.

Set your goals. Write them down. Make a contract with yourself. Make it about more than just food and exercise...make it about your integrity. "I really want to devour _______, but that would be breaking my word. Instead, I will eat a small portion that is within my calorie goals, or I will burn enough calories to earn it."

If you mess up, feel the shame of breaking your promise to yourself, but don't wallow in it. Learn from it. Let it make you uncomfortable and remember that feeling the next time you feel yourself slipping.

Change is hard, and usually comes about in small increments. Be patient, but persistent. Look at what one tiny little blade of grass can do to a concrete sidewalk if you give it time! Whatever you do, don't stop trying!
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, this is a life-long journey, a change of lifestyle - which means it is permanent and forever. Don't think of this as a diet. That is where a lot of people fail. They look at it as a temporary thing to lose weight. However, if the person's whole way of life does not change, they will eventually gain it all back and probably more. When you think of it like that, two days doesn't seem like a big deal.
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Okay. step up....again...and there...you are back on the wagon! Simple, wasn't it? Make up your mind to start fresh and then do it!You can do this!!!! As for working out, there are lots of ways to exercise at home with kids...maybe not as fancy as actual machines, but you can make it fun for you and them. Good luck!
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest a simple solution - forget about it! Forget it ever happened and just carry on where you left off. 2 days off the wagon isn't going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

He's right 2 days is nothing ... go for it! Nothing to lose everything to gain :-)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    It happens. Part of getting back at it is realizing that it is 2 days, .005 of a year. In an of itself it is not huge failure, although it may seem like it at the moment. Get back at it, and it is only .005 of your year that you ate badly. You can do this if you don't look at this as an excuse for you to give up, and see it as what it is, a small lapse.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Get back on today! You can do this, and there could have been so many reasons for you not feeling it for those two days.

Honestly, move on and get back on it, I blew it in a weekend in October, 3 days off and 3lb gained. I lost it in two weeks, I don't think it mattered at all in the scheme of things.

Have you set your cals too low/loss too high so felt too restricted? Need a change with the exercise? Maybe trying something different will kick you off again :-) Good luck! x
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I'm so angry with myself for falling off the wagon so to speak. I cant even work out why, combination of lack of exercise (kids off school so unable to go to the gym), boredom and bad weather = bad diet. I have a terrible habit of throwing the towel in after a bad day and now it's been two i'm scared it's all over. Need lots of strength to get back on it. Any advice greatly appreciated!

I have been there!! I have two kids... Screaming jumping and running a muck everytime I wanna exercise. Know what I do, I just exercise at home. 10-15 minutes at least of good cardio. Find a youtube video and watch it and do what they do. It isn't over we all have our moments sometimes 1 day, 1 week... but it is never to late, and never a time to give up! Keep going!!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Turn on some music , give your kids a duster (or not) and just dance around. Your getting time with kids, your hearts pumping. It's a good thing even if it's not intense, it's something. I had a "bad day" yesterday but for once didn't beat myself up so bad I said to myself... I've been doing well fo x amount of days and I deserve to live alittle and have greasy slice of pizza if that's what I want. I did, now it's over and it's a new day.