Best Fast Food Choices

What do you grab when you have to eat on the run? I am just curious.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Chipotle double-meat burrito bol.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Depends on your nutritional and calorie goals. Some people will find salads or grilled chicken to be their best choice, others will find that a Big Mac fits nicely into their day.

Normally I go for a salad with grilled chicken and a low-cal dressing (italian, balsamic vinegrette, fat free honey mustard). Works for me, might not work for others. ;-) Sometimes I might get a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo, I don't like it much so it's not worth the calories) and maybe a fruit smoothie if I have extra calories to play with.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Chiptole, burrito bol with no rice, lots of beans and lots of chicken.
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 380 Member
    Starbucks Spinach, Roasted tomato and egg white wrap :) it is good. If its lunch or dinner I do Chicken yakisoba and only eat a fourth of it. if I must though ;)
  • Love Moe's...I get the Joey Jr chicken, no rice, no cheese, black beans, tons of veg (cucumber, bl olive, fr jalapenos, 2 types of salsa).

(Edit: I know it's high in sodium, but it's better than a Big Mac. ;)
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    It used to be a 6" sub from subway. Not anymore. The amount of sodium in every one of their breads is way too high for a kidney stone sufferer. So if I have to hit subway it is usually a salad with their weird looking chicken breast.

I started getting a sushi roll to go, no soy sauce. I'm not a fan of raw fish, but it is better than any other choices I can easily get to. Plus I can get salmon for some healthy fat and they will make it with brown rice. I skip the avocado, I hate the texture. If I get it at Publix or our post commissary I grab a piece of fruit and a bottle of water on the way.
  • I keep a small bag in my car with water, baked chips, and protein bars. I often go ahe d pack my lunch so I know exactly how many calI I am consuming before hand. Whatever you put in you vechile will stay good this time of the year just depends what part of the country u live in.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    sushi....
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    I usually travel with a Slim fast drink and a Luna Bar at all times. I like Subway 6" subs. Wendy's Small chicken sandwich with just lettuce and tomato in a crunch. Their Chili is pretty good if you're not driving.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I usually get either Rubios 2 healthmex tacos they are 130 cals apiece and really yummy, or wendys small chili it is about 260 cals or their chicken apple cranberry salad with raspberry vinegrette dressing....it is about 330 cals, subway 6 inch chicken breast no cheese no mayo just honey mustard and veggies or el polo loco grilled chicken caesar salad with salsa on it no dressing..it is 260 cals...these are my standbys...hope this helps