Do you weigh in during your period?

Options

Replies

• withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nope. Since I know exactly what my mood is like during that week, why would I make it worse by seeing my weight go up? :P
    I wait until near the end, which is usually where my weight goes back to normal, and then I start weighing myself daily again.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I weigh in every day without fail. I use a trending weight tracker, so the zig zags in weight still trend down, even though my weight feels like it's going up. Weighing in regularly also allows me to be used to my weight fluctuations. I like watching the scale go up a couple pounds during TOM, because it feels AWESOME when it drops all of it plus an extra 3 days later.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It is just water, don't worry that you are failing.. I weigh in because I get my "TOM" every two weeks. So you can imagine- .5 here, 4 pounds there. It's really irritating. The weight loss over a bigger span of time is what really counts.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday..but only record M, W, F weigh ins here. Today is day 2 of my period for this month. I was down .2 lbs from Monday...but Im hoping when I say bye bye to it in 3 days that I have lost 3lbs :) Yeah..the bloat is being felt in my jeans today. Bought these size 10s Monday..fit perfect. Struggling with buttoning them at the office today:/ Damn it :)
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ditto to everyone!! My weigh in was Wed but the scale was seriously high due to this and I knew it so I waited 2 more days and I lost another 4lbs from last weeks normal Wed weigh in---I may weigh again this weekend or better yet wait till Wed next week and see if it changes more once it is well past TOM--which on this stupid BC shot is whenever it feels like it so if I were to have a normal TOM I might weigh less--who knows--going on a new BC the first of the year---fingers crossed this crazy schedule for my TOM ends !!
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    NO WAY! I'm resisting the urge to weigh in today. lol
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep! i do it everyday actually but yes! i want to know how much water weight i gain
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    NEVER. I wait until about a week after to give it time for the bloating and retaining to go away.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP about a month and a half ago and I had gained weight the week before my period.. I was so discouraged because it was my first period while using MFP and didn't know I could gain that much. I ended up losing around 3-4 pounds of water weight once I was done with my period. Cheer up... the scale shouldn't be your only source of reassurance :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I try not to. Seeing the numbers go up always tend to bum me out---even if it is temporary. For some reason, I KNOW that it's all from bloat.. but I still manage to get a tad upset. The trainer at the gym tries making me weigh in regardless...Notice I said, 'TRIES' lol. I refuse to stand on the scale.
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Forgot to answer your question LOL... I do weight myself but I don't obsess over it, just for curiosity purposes
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQshCFiYu3amDIHiEbTAz0l5ZSXZRB6uXIU0mzkIkTvQ9xQHkznFjzfRF0bQ
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I thought this article had a helpful tip for weighing while having water retention

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/not-losing-fat-at-20-deficit-what-should-i-do-qa.html

---- quote ---
    Trying to measure fat or weight loss in women on a week to week basis is often a futile endeavor and females may have to measure only once per month (ideally at the same point in the cycle) to get any sort of consistent or comparative measures. Women should generally pick a specific point in their cycle and make all measurements then to track changes month to month.

Another option is to measure weekly but only compare the same week of the cycle each month. So week 1 of the cycle would be compared to week 1 of the cycle a month down the road, week 2 is compared to week 2, you get the idea. What doesn’t work is comparing week 1 to week 3 because the body may be holding a ton of water during one of the weeks and not during the other making comparison impossible.
    ----unquote ----
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on my manstrual cycle. Buncha girls.......;)
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    It was hard for me to break the habit of weighing in everyday. All it did was add stress to my life! I have now eased back to weigh in once a week, before ingesting anything, nearly or completely naked first thing in the morning. If it is during period week, I will almost always shrug and know it is PMS gain like water retention that isn't normally the case otherwise. Quit driving yourself crazy with a move on the scale! It's NOT healthy!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options

You are funny!:laugh:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I stopped retaining water at any given time during the month when I cut out grains, sugars, legumes, and milk. (carbs make the body retain sodium and water). I'm Primal so I follow a no-grain/milk/beans - moderate protein - high fat lifestyle. I also stay far away from processed food products. (Not 100% - I do not deprive myself)

Even during TOM. My PMS junk carb cravings are fading. If I give in to them I will retain some water but once I start I lose all interest in the junk and my weight drops back to normal.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Yeah ours lasts one week and yours is the other 3 weeks. :wink:
  • daw_etc
    Options
    I haven't been a member long enough yet to know if I'm going to weigh-in during it or not, haha!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    No way! It'll just make me eat more b/c i almost always gain 3-5 pounds (of water weight) during that time..