Cottage cheese is gross

Options
that's all I have to say. I can't stomach it at all. I feel like I want to gag when I eat it.

Replies

• michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Tried to get myself to like it, but I just couldn't get over the texture. Bleurgh!!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Yeah me too! I hate that stuff. My hubby will eat cottage cheese straight out of the tub. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options

Exactly. I love it, but if I didn't, I wouldn't eat it.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I hear ya...I'd rather chew on the sole of my shoe than eat cottage cheese!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting a thread about it.
  • lab280
    Options
    I can't stand it either, but has anyone tried it in scrambled eggs or mixed into something that kills the texture and taste?
  • mzkynd
    mzkynd Posts: 63
    Options
    mmm love cottage cheese, but is a food that seems people either hate or love. I eat mine with salsa or fresh peaches. :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too! I hate that stuff. My hubby will eat cottage cheese straight out of the tub. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I eat it just like that. either you do or don't.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options

I agree
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Cottage cheese is freakin' awesome. Especially with chopped up chunks of pineapple in it.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    On the thighs, quite gross.

On top of a baked potato with bacon bits and black olives, amazing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,598 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese rocks! A great supply for calcium which many people don't get enough of.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. But if you don't..........Well, a previous poster said it best: just don't eat it. It's quite alright.

It's always funny to me that people sometimes seem to think that Greek yogurt or cottage cheese are steadfast, unbending, absolute REQUIREMENTS for a healthy diet and/or weight loss. LOL I don't get it.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. But if you don't..........Well, a previous poster said it best: just don't eat it. It's quite alright.

It's always funny to me that people sometimes seem to think that Greek yogurt or cottage cheese are steadfast, unbending, absolute REQUIREMENTS for a healthy diet and/or weight loss. LOL I don't get it.

I don't eat it anymore. Cottage cheese is why I no longer do a low carb diet. I kept trying it thinking that it would get better. I now realize it's just gross. I like some Greek yogurt, but some of it is gross too.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it either, but has anyone tried it in scrambled eggs or mixed into something that kills the texture and taste?

Yes, my boys don't like it at all, but they will eat it if I make an egg bake with cottage cheese, sausage, eggs and cheddar cheese.
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. I even tried it with pineapple, but it was still grossness with pieces of pineapple in it. Reminds me of vomit. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes it though:noway:
  • Mary1757
    Options
    I love it with dry sugar free jello mixed in. orange or strawberry-banana mixed in.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options

I eat it just like that. either you do or don't.

Me too. Straight out of the tub. It's my favorite bedtime snack.
    Ricotta, on the other hand, is totally nasty.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Few topics are as polarizing as cottage cheese. It's really a love it or hate it kind of thing. I LOVE IT. I don't even buy it because I would eat too much! My favorite is 4% milkfat large curd. But I agree with everyone else. There aren't any nutrients in cottage cheese that you can't get from other sources.