Girl with big boobs...

Options
Got a question... what do you do for sweaty under-boob? deoderant? powder? Need some suggestions please! :)

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    First off make sure your bra is fitting well so that you don't have skin-on-skin under there, if you can help it. Sometimes it's harder to get that kind of fit if your breasts are very large. Aside from that, I hear baby powder helps a bit but I haven't tried it.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm finding this has improved tremendously by getting a really good sports bra that lifts everything. If it's lifted more, it doesn't get as sweaty under there. I use the Moving Comfort bras...bought them on Amazon for about half what they cost from the company.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I did the deodorant thing while deployed. It worked ok, but not really worth the extra effort in the morning. Like the previous poster, you need to make sure your bra is fitting right. A good sports bra for a larger breast will have compression and encapsulation. The compression will stop bounce, the encapsulation will keep them separate to prevent rubbing. With a regular bra you want cups that keep them separate (again) and a supportive band to keep them from sitting on the ribcage. WIth either, if you need something for sweat you are going to want to find something that will have the ability to absorb your sweat, not prevent it. Preventing just doesn't really work, especially while working out. Boob sweat is fine when you have other sweat, but is not so great when that is the only sweat you have showing.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    For sports bra brands:
    Moving Comfort
    Freya Active
    Panache
    Short Absorber
    Royce
    Under Armour (check out the Endure DD)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    If you do use powder, of any kind... be sure that it is a LIGHT layer, just a dusting really. Too much will cake and cause you more issues. I have used a thin stripe of deodorant in the past and it has worked well. :smile:
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Under Armour Bras like the post states above are AWESOME I am DD and they lift and HOLD so there is never skin on skin contact under there and my workouts are easier with them in place :) Such a great investment
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wearing the Endure Bra from Under Armour in my recent profile pic lol
  • wcsangel
    Options
    A well-fitting bra really helps, but I also find that a bit of baby powder (particularly in the mornings and after showers/baths) is incredibly effective.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Mine are huge, there is no bra made that will prevent skin on skin contact. With that said, I have found that a swipe of anti-persperant (sp?) does help.

Adding powder would just make gravy if you sweat too much, IMO.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I've not found a decent sports bra, will have to check out those brand recommendations! I am a FF/G and struggle with good fitting bras generally (Freya is fab!)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Try Lanacane...it's hard to find sometimes...I order it online. It is great stuff!!!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I used to have BIG boobs before I had my reduction. I used to use baby power. I was told in nursng homes and hospital settings that baking soda and cornstartch work realllllly well.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. I have had this problem all my life. Even when im "SKINNY" because my boobs are big. For workouts my favorite thing is to fold up a handkerchif and put in my bra. It works great!!!! corn starch works better than powder but the best thing is a powder called "Monkey Butt".
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    Monistat has an anti-chaffing cream that works great under boob and I used to use it on the inside of my thighs if they were rubbing together.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    GRAVY!! *LMGDAO*
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The best bra I had before my reduction (when I was a FF cup) was Bestform from Walmart. It looks like a regular bra, as it buckles in the back but the cups are full cover and there is under wire. It held me in place and there was no rubbing and they are cost effective. It was amazing. The Under Armour are amazing as well. I swore by them when deployed.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

This made me gag. You are lucky I love you.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

This made me gag. You are lucky I love you.

I love her more a little each day :)
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Not only a well-fitting bra, but one that is a performance material that has been designed for sweat.

Someone mentioned monkey butt powder. I've never used it there before but I often use it on the inside of my thighs and in my socks when I run or bike in summer. Really helps with rash/chaffing.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Monistat has an anti-chaffing cream that works great under boob and I used to use it on the inside of my thighs if they were rubbing together.

Monistat anti-chafing gel is amazing for both of these applications, and as an aside FYI, it has a lot of the same ingredients as Smashbox Photofinish makeup primer, so you can use it as a makeup base if you're so inclined.