cutting the lawn

Options
ok tis the season at least here in canada, the snow is all gone, i just spent an hour pushing a gas-operated lawn mower over our rough terrain... how can i log this as exercise..
i feel like i got a better work out than an hour at the gym... so it must count for something!

Replies

• teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ok tis the season at least here in canada, the snow is all gone, i just spent an hour pushing a gas-operated lawn mower over our rough terrain... how can i log this as exercise..
    i feel like i got a better work out than an hour at the gym... so it must count for something!
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    I wear a HRM while mowing the lawn, pushing it!! I found that I burn about 700 calories in an hour, keeping my HR at about 125-135! You're right, it is quite a workout...Best to you always, Rick
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There is an exercise in the database. I wore my HRM yesterday and burned 580 calories iin a little under an hour. I was really pushing it because rain was coming. My heart rate got up there too.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    under cardio in the exercise tab there is a "general gardening" category. That's what my husband uses.
  • snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    there is "mowing Lawn" under the cardio section
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and 160-ish lbs.
    in 45min push mowning a slight angle, keeping my HR around 135, I burn about 500 cals.

I LOVE MOWING THE GRASS FOR THAT REASON ALONE.
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i looked under cut grass in cardio so i will try again. .. thanks for the kudos... i love to cut the grass when i'm mad.....its' good therapy

so when i was frustrated in court this morning (i'm a paralegal) and the ex called this morning,,,,
    it put me over the edge..

if he calls again tomorrow there will be no grass left.lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    i looked under cut grass in cardio so i will try again. .. thanks for the kudos... i love to cut the grass when i'm mad.....its' good therapy

so when i was frustrated in court this morning (i'm a paralegal) and the ex called this morning,,,,
    it put me over the edge..

if he calls again tomorrow there will be no grass left.lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    Mowing the grass in the summer here is Texas is a challenge, but really gets a good sweat out of me! Last weekend, I did both front and back because DH was working. What a work out!