then and now ...and so much left to go

Options

Replies

• AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    thanks y'all - I use these pics to keep me motivated... I tell people, "If I can do it - anyone can!" I was the most sedentary person I know, and I had no initiative what-so-ever to get in shape until I visited my Dr. about a year and half ago. I was diagnosed with sever hyper-tension and adult onset diabetes. It was either be medicated for the rest of my life or make a change... I chose to live and live well. It's been a giant pain in the *kitten*, but I feel so much better. I'm off the diabetes meds now, and they significantly cut back my BP meds. My Dr. thinks that is I do knock off the last 40 pounds, then I should be able to get off of the BP meds too altogether. That's my goal... it's my life!

Good for you....taking control of your life and not just accepting that you have to be medicated!!! You have done such an amazing job and I am sure you will continue to be successful!!!!!

Congrats!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congratulations on your accomplishment!!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Damnit that is a total turn around. Different man all together!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    awesome! you're lookin great! keep up the great work :D
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Damnit that is a total turn around. Different man all together!
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Wow! Nice arms!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Way to go man. I know you must be so proud of yourself. you did great and now there is nothing you cant do!!!
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    wow, you are an awesome transformation! YOu don't look like the same man from the first picture. Congratulations on all your hard work. It's really paying off for you!! You sound like you've really got the right motivation to be successful.
  • SamBuck123
    Options
    amazinnnggg!!! you look sooo much younger! awesome job
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastic!!
  • domfredy
    Options
    ...Great job... you are an inspiration for all us... Keep it up...

11382220.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Caylee320
    Caylee320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look great! It's awesome that you are almost off all of your meds, too. Congrats!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!! congrats on your success so far :)
  • chasfburk
    Options
    I truly don't know what to say, folks...I was not anticipating this much support. I would friend you all if I could, but apparently you can only friend 5 people in 10 mins. I think we all need as many advocates, as may people in our corner and as many friends to get our backs as we can. It's a battlefield out there to get and stay in shape...and we can't have enough support! We all rock!!!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous job! You should be so very proud of yourself for all your accomplishments. And thanks so much for sharing, you have such a wonderful and inspiring story to share. Gives the rest of us hope that we can make it too :-)
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look great! So much younger!! :)
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I find your story especially inspiring because part of the reason I want to lose weight is to get off diabetes and blood pressure meds too. If I can do that, I'd be thrilled with myself. I can hardly imagine how much better my life would be--and how I'd feel--accomplishing that, but I want to find out. Thanks for telling us about your health issues! :}
  • chasfburk
    Options
    You can do it! I promise you, you can!!! one of the best feelings of my life was when my doctor told me that he didn't want me on my diabetes medication any more...It was a incredible feeling. You will do it too - I know you can!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I agree that you look much younger. Keep up the hard work, it's paying big dividends!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!