Cottage cheese is gross

Options

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Few topics are as polarizing as cottage cheese.

That line totally made me LOL. :-)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    We made it in Chemistry in high school, gives you an entirely different view of it :)
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    that's all I have to say. I can't stomach it at all. I feel like I want to gag when I eat it.

Have you tried it with sliced bananas or berries, or any fruit ?
  • KatVaux
    KatVaux Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    that's all I have to say. I can't stomach it at all. I feel like I want to gag when I eat it.

Have you tried it with sliced bananas or berries, or any fruit ?

I eat it with banana slice into it and I really like it that way.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The only kinda cottage cheese that sucks is the kind that is on a woman's posterior! EWWWWW! Now that is gross, and yes, I'm guilty of occasionally rocking the cottage cheese (lumpyness).

Anyway, the real cottage cheese (helps) keep off the bad cottage cheese.
  • ambuney83
    Options
    You could add it to a fruit smoothie for your protein if you don't have protein powder, etc. I don't think it has a ton of flavor so it should be masked by your other ingredients. It can be expensive so like the others said, not a requirement! The trick is finding healthy things that work for you. :tongue:
  • LindLTailor
    LindLTailor Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is OK on a cracker. Just make sure it is the low fat variety. Regular cottage cheese is loaded with calories. More than most people realize.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!! This is one of the only ways I will eat it.....it's sooo good!!

quote]
    I love it with dry sugar free jello mixed in. orange or strawberry-banana mixed in.
    [/quote]
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    2 cups daily, Mmmmm Mmmmm. PB, Whey, and Bananas. Throw in some cinnamon for good measure, beastly.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

i love it! put catalina dressing on it. yummy! (i know, iam wierd, but oh well!):love:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    *gag*. YUCK!!!! I hate cottage cheese!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i make delicous mini mocha cheesecakes with cottage cheese in my food processor and nobody knows they have cottage cheese in them!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It is OK on a cracker. Just make sure it is the low fat variety. Regular cottage cheese is loaded with calories. More than most people realize.

love it on WASA crisps with pepper on it!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it the texture made me gag. But now I eat it all the time.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Whenever people post topics like this I really want to drop them into the middle of Haiti and wait for them to shut up and be happy they have options when they go to the store.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    And cottage Cheese makes people fat.
    I know this to be true!

The ONLY people I ever see eating it are fat people...lol

Seriously, I have learned to love the stuff mixed with fruit. It's an acquired taste.
    Also, I replace ricotta with cottage in lasagna.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Love my cottage cheese. Plain, mixed with fruit, mixed with a little Crystal Light powder, mixed with salsa...
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Wow......what a long discussion about cottage cheese.....
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I bought some of this the other week and it sat in my fridge until it finally expired so i could trash it. I just couldnt bring myself to even open it. Maybe I will try again some time later in my life.
  • SandyCurrier
    Options

HA! Thanks, thats all the more for me!!! hehe I love it =)