Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Topic: Protein Shake For Women

lol, really?

No one else said it yet?

You're a dirty, dirty boy.

We might have thought it, but some of us are polite enough not to say it out loud. ;);)

BAHAHAHHAH EWWWWW AHHAHAHAH HAHAHAHHA HAHAHAH EEEEWWWWW i just got that

Someone actually had THAT in the food database a couple of weeks ago. :bigsmile: I tried to find IT again and IT had been removed.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thak you for your help. I was - like some people said - wanting one that wouldn't make me bulk out. Going to have a look for some vanilla ones.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thak you for your help. I was - like some people said - wanting one that wouldn't make me bulk out. Going to have a look for some vanilla ones.
    Just make sure it's not high in calories, but you're a woman...unless you're supplementing with steroids and testosterone, you will not bulk up from just eating high protein content in your daily diet.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it's not high in calories, but you're a woman...unless you're supplementing with steroids and testosterone, you will not bulk up from just eating high protein content in your daily diet.

Agree with the above. In that same tangent, that's also why I suggest looking for protein isolates. It's purer protein with less fat/carbs, so make sure you read your labels (like with any type of packaged food, really).

While I'm not against fat/carbs, the extra calories will add up (especially if you're restricting calories). If you are just looking for more protein and not a meal replacement (not that I'm a fan of meal replacements though), then the extra in less refined protein isn't necessary. For those extra calories, I'd rather have another chocolate chip cookie. ;)
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Agree with the above. In that same tangent, that's also why I suggest looking for protein isolates. It's purer protein with less fat/carbs, so make sure you read your labels (like with any type of packaged food, really).

While I'm not against fat/carbs, the extra calories will add up (especially if you're restricting calories). If you are just looking for more protein and not a meal replacement (not that I'm a fan of meal replacements though), then the extra in less refined protein isn't necessary. For those extra calories, I'd rather have another chocolate chip cookie. ;)

Im not looking for meal replacement. I love my food way too much. I will look round for protein isolates. Thank you
  • dolphin8075
    Options
    I had the same question and went to Wal-Mart last night & when looking at the fat, calories, carbs & protein....I found that the Jillian Micheals triple chocolate protein shake had fewer calories and carbs. I tried it today after my workout and I just mixed it 8 ounces of water and it wasn't bad at all. It was almost like a very light flavored chocolate milk. It has 15 grams of protein. I actually liked it.
  • shangunnell
    Options
    I drink Jullian Michaels whey protein....1 scoop whey, 1 scoop nutella, 8 oz. water & 2 cups crushed ice....blend & enjoy !!!!

I love it after a hard workout, it recovers your body & satisfies me during the nightime hours till morning
  • k1maynard
    Options
    Curves sells a protein shake.
  • k1maynard
    Options
    Curves Protein Shake Products
    The Curves Protein Supplement Drink is a delicious way to start your day or to supplement your diet. Our shake contains 15 grams of highly absorbable whey protein and the full spectrum of essential amino acids to fuel your muscles. It’s also an excellent source of fiber with 5 g per serving.
    * Available in US and Canada markets only.
    You can get it at any Curves location. Chocolate or Vanilla.
  • gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, i hope this is helpful. I just bought today a brand called Designer Whey Protein (chocolate). It is 100 calorie per serving. Im using it as a meal replacement. I blend it with peanutbutter and unsweeten almond milk. It is super yummy and suprisingly filling. I had it for breakfast and lunch and i had to force myself to eat dinner to meet my calorie goal.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the jillian michaels whey.......the only complaint I have is that it is SUPER sweet so I have to split it up throughout the day
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk already ready to drink shakes or as powder which is not bulking but more for lean muscles and tastes fantastic with high protein content Elite Fusion
  • Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    GNC carries one for body builders and the "serving size" is 3 scoops and 60 g of protein. I use it but use ONE scoop (93 calories) for 20 g of protein a day. The chocolate is very tasty. It is called Wheybolic Extreme 60" I believe. When you go into GNC they try and lead you to all these "womens products" which have oodles of calories and very little protein. If you are just lacking that extra 20 g of protein the Wheybolic Extreme works well.
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    I think she is referring to not wanting to bulk up like some protein shakes offer. Like "weight Gain". Look for something like muscle milk naturals for a good portion size (around 20g protein) Stay away from massive amounts of protein.

^^
    ?!???

Protein is sexist now...in addition to being the magic-bulking-bullet that women should avoid? What?!