It's called the search button

Options
123457»

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    another person complaining about people not using the search function...

search for that.... the OP is slapping herself
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    For jaded members with 1000+ postings, who can't stand to see old questions raised, here's a template to use:
    Welcome to the myfitnesspal chatboard! And thanks for posting your question. In brief, you should [eat your exercise cals] OR [avoid white carbs] OR [use peanut butter to make up cals] OR [whatever a common answer might be].

This question has been discussed before, in the following topics:
    [link to thread]
    [link to another thread]
    [link to a third thread]
    You may find some useful information there. Also, feel free to use the search button at the top to find more such topics.

Best of luck, and see you on the chatboards!
    -JadedUser [insert smiley here]

Press POST REPLY, and you are done!

As others have said, it's not worth clicking on a topic if you feel it's redundant. Anyway, these topics fly by so fast that it's only there for a few minutes, and then it's gone, off the radar screen and you never have to see it again!

Best of luck, and see you on the chatboards! :happy:

hahahaha
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    If people searched before posting, I dont think there would ever be any new posts!
    SOME people like current opinions.
    SOME people like to put themselves out there and socialize.
    SOME people don't have to open the post if they are butt hurt about it being posted previously.

That is all.
  • katdouce
    katdouce Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    and I thought I was having a rough TOM!!!! because YES I weighed myself and now I'm going to go eat my exercise calories....OH YEAH I DIDN'T EXERCISE!!!! quick question...can you eat your exercise calories from last week?? hehehe sorry I had to..over and out good buddies!!!!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    For jaded members with 1000+ postings, who can't stand to see old questions raised, here's a template to use:
    Welcome to the myfitnesspal chatboard! And thanks for posting your question. In brief, you should [eat your exercise cals] OR [avoid white carbs] OR [use peanut butter to make up cals] OR [whatever a common answer might be].

This question has been discussed before, in the following topics:
    [link to thread]
    [link to another thread]
    [link to a third thread]
    You may find some useful information there. Also, feel free to use the search button at the top to find more such topics.

Best of luck, and see you on the chatboards!
    -JadedUser [insert smiley here]

Press POST REPLY, and you are done!

As others have said, it's not worth clicking on a topic if you feel it's redundant. Anyway, these topics fly by so fast that it's only there for a few minutes, and then it's gone, off the radar screen and you never have to see it again!

Best of luck, and see you on the chatboards! :happy:

Lol! Love it.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I just used the Search function to search for search:
    imager.php?id=1732706&t=o
    Mind BLOWN!!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SOME people don't have to open the post if they are butt hurt about it being posted previously.

I've been lurking on this thread all day, just watching the fireworks.

"Butt hurt." I don't have to do Ab Ripper X tonight now because I laughed so hard.
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options

I've been lurking on this thread all day, just watching the fireworks.

"Butt hurt." I don't have to do Ab Ripper X tonight now because I laughed so hard.

*takes a bow*
    Nicest way I could think of to put it. LOL!
  • nyspotlight
    Options
    I just wish the Search Button worked better. But instead you get a page that lists all the posts of an entire thread.

Wouldn't it be nice if it just posted the TOPICS and then you could click through if the topic sounded right?
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's nice to just have a real conversation of your own!! :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Well I did learn one new thing from this post....I never knew I could have other people email me their exercise calories so I can eat them....whoohooo!!!!!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Not too mention that very few people have the patience to pore over sometimes dozens or hundreds of pages of previously asked threads when it can be faster and more personalized to start your own thread.

Nor do we all have the time to sit on MFP all day and read old posts! If you can post your question and come back later with answers...just makes it easier.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    internet-memes-if-sopa-passes-bender-is-who-we-will-follow.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a problem with most common topics, I just kinda stop responding.
    But get kind of annoyed when people don't utilize this wonderful tool I discovered... Google xD

This is my biggest issue with the repeated questions. Many people have stopped answering those common questions, so now I find a lot of those common questions have a ton of misinformation in them. For those who really want to know the answer, the search button may actually find them a better answer than actually asking it.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't like the search button for the same reasons people on this thread mentioned. I get 3 pages of the same topic....

So now I just google: "myfitnesspal (topic I'm curious about)" and it lists the threads basically instead of individual posts. So if anyone had that problem, use Google! :)

Others just really want support, or want to be the one who gets the attention of the respondees, instead of the original poster.

We need a system that allows us to recognize the most current poster. On another forum I go on, there is a little button right next to each thread that functions to get to the last unread (by you) post. That way, you don't have to search the thread to find where you last read. Its like using a bookmark when reading, instead of flipping pages until you finally see where you were
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

I think this thread has run its course. Please remember that those new to the site or the forums may not know about the search function. Also as I stated earlier people like answers tailored to them, they may like the interaction, it may be their only interaction with people in a day.

Thanks for keeping it largely civil.

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.