Working out with or without your significant other?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No way. Firstly, I am much fitter, secondly, one of us has to watch the children.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't because her goals might not be the same as mine. Obviously she coudln't lift the same so there's no real "working out together". Other than she might be in the same general area.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My bf and I go so the same gym, he taked spinning/cycling classes, I take Zumba classes. Would not like him in my zumba class at all. But sometimes, we go together and play badminton, tennis or go on side to side elleptical trainers. I also do the 30 Day Shred at home and I dont like it when he sees me sweating my life, lol. I guess it depends of the activity you're comfortable enough for him to see you doing.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I go together. I do whatever, he does stationary bike. Sometimes I do stationary bike right next to him.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I prefer cardio solo. I want to be in my own zone and listen/watch/read whatever I want in peace. But if he wants to lift weights or do a class, bring it on! I'm a bit competitive and would push myself to show-off.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    My husband isnt as motivated as me to exercise. He will watch me while I exercise in the morning as he gets ready for work, that's about the extent of his involvement. Sometimes my children will join in with me, that's fun. I'm not a solo exerciser by choice I think I'd like to have someone to exercise alongside, I see it as extra incentive to push yourself.
  • luckybunny84
    Options
    My SO and I go to the gym together we do our cardio side by side and then we do out weights together, he is my trainer now and I am his cheerleader. It works great for us. Now on the other hand I tried this same routine with my ex and his idea of supporting me was telling me I wasnt trying hard enough or that I needed to do better and I grew to dread going to the gym and quit going because I would end up in tears everytime. So as long as your man is there to help you and support you I think it is great!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I keep telling my wife I'll do a Zumba Class with her. But other than that I prefer my workouts, running or lifting, to be "Me time"
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I lift with hubby a few days a week. If I'm having a *****y day, he knows that I don't want to talk. And same the other way around. Some days we'll joke and flirt and have fun, other days we'll just spot each other. We don't do cardio together.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My fiance & I workout a lot together. We've completed p90x and a 1/2 marathon. I love it because we get to spend time together working towards goals, & he always pushes me harder and encourages me.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    We like to workout together. We try to walk regularly but it's hard with his schedule. He sprints and I don't do that as much. He trained me some in weight lifting recently and he's a good teacher, so that was pretty enjoyable. I really like doing kettlebells, yoga and some DVD's alone. He and I mostly just walk and weight train together.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i personally do not work-out with my husband, although we do go to the gym at the same time on occasion. i like working-out on my own, and my husband is a perfectionist. if he worked-out with me, i know he would criticize and i dont want to hear it.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love to workout on my own. I have had partners before and whether it's friends or boyfriend I find that I don't work as hard as I should. I think I get self-conscious. When I workout solo I can put my headphones in and get in my zone and tune out everything/everyone around me :flowerforyou:
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I work out without mine...its my time away from my crazy life to take an hour or two for myself!
  • val_140
    Options
    I workout with my hubby! I like to show off to him that I can workout just as long as he can!! ;)
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Don't like going to the gym with hubs. Believe it or not, I go with my Dad.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love to train with my SO. She is so passionate about fitness, as much as myself. In fact, she's the best workout partner I have ever had.

I feel like I know her limits and she knows mine. Mostly we lift and play basketball.

I love you #34!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Without husband. He doesn't like to do as much cardio as I do and I have just started weight training and am still to self conscious to lift with him.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    alone. i need that time for myself.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Buddy system! It helps both of you and your partner stick to the schedule and at same time you guys will feel more connect to each other. Unless he keeps criticize and tell you HOW to work out. :) . Have fun!