My body rejects junk food now! wooohooo

Options
I thought I would treat myself to a burger at my works christmas lunch and I felt so very ill afterwards. For the past 19 months I have been eating clean. Skinless chicken, tuna etc. No junk and no processed ****.

I'm so glad I dont have any desire to eat **** like that anymore yey!!

Anyone else steer clear of junk now cos it makes you feel sick?

Replies

• ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been limiting my sugar for the past few weeks and tonight I tried some fudge and it gave me heart burn so bad it completely turned me off. I guess my body is trying to tell me something.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You should go to my "foods" thread. Apparently after seeing it, most people wouldn't have a problem eating junk food.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ukkiosan
    ukkiosan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just tried out some chips for the first time in a while yesterday and I nearly had to puke afterwards. I guess this is a good sign?
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    that's why I stopped drinking soda years ago. :) no desire to drink it at all!
  • nixon76k
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing! It makes me physically sick. Especially anything fried.. I think it's great!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My body r-ejects some portion of most foods... Nothing new :D
    Just sayin
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not there yet...but maybe one day! Great job, and I would definitely clasify that as an awesome NSV!!
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I'm with you, ukkiosan! I cannot eat Pizza Hut anymore without getting sick as a dog! When they make their pizza, they practically soak it in grease before they bake it and spray it down with grease after it leaves the oven. UGH! I've been avoiding fast food and sticking to choice 6" sandwiches at Subway, eating low-calorie soups stuffed with veggies and protein, drinking V8 and lots of tea. I haven't had a soda in 2 weeks and I don't miss it! Now that I'm eating healthier, junk food and snacks just taste weird to me. But yeah, I seriously get nauseated if I even eat 1 slice of pizza from Pizza Hut!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing. If I go eat junk food, I feel noticeably more tired and have a lot less energy. Not to mention, since my stomach is already very sensitive to any changes (or no changes at all. my stomach SUCKS!), eating junk food just gives me like, the worst gas imaginable. It's not cool... at all... :sad: :ohwell:
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My body r-ejects some portion of most foods... Nothing new :D
    Just sayin

So odd! I thought I was the only one with that problem! Wait.... does yours stink?
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Yea I can no longer drink sugary drinks or energy drinks, If I do I feel soooo sick... I couldnt imagine eating a large KFC or Maccas meal now, pizza on the other hand I can eat!! hahaha
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    soda is so disgusting now i cant even explain it. its like drinking watery syrup. yuck.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too & not just me!!

My 12 year old daughter spent the day with my mother & sister this week & they thought they'd spoil her rotten & gave her hot chicken & chips & chocolate mudcake. The end result was a crook belly & BIG apologies from them. They know I've changed our diets so it kind of annoyed me but they've learnt now that junk food isn't the best treat for kids.

It's put my little girl right off junk food so I can now see that I'm setting her up for a healthy future :happy:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    No problems here, I still eat fast food and whatever I'm craving all the time
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you go for a while eating clean, it takes a little bit of practice to integrate junk food back into the diet. With good willpower and determination, it can be done :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I was younger and exercising & dieting I ate fast food french fries and puked afterwards...the grease just didn't settle well with my stomach. I didn't usually eat that kind of stuff and let's just say it was a shock to my system. :laugh:
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I thought I would treat myself to a burger at my works christmas lunch and I felt so very ill afterwards. For the past 19 months I have been eating clean. Skinless chicken, tuna etc. No junk and no processed ****.

I'm so glad I dont have any desire to eat **** like that anymore yey!!

Anyone else steer clear of junk now cos it makes you feel sick?

The key is to slowly work your way back to fast food gradually - a burger here, some fried chicken there...lol

Seriously, I know what you mean. I have my free days, and even then I can no longer eat some things. We were not meant to consume that junk; it's poison!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Not there yet...but maybe one day! Great job, and I would definitely clasify that as an awesome NSV!!

thanks. im gonna put up some progress pics soon too :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    If you go for a while eating clean, it takes a little bit of practice to integrate junk food back into the diet. With good willpower and determination, it can be done :)

haha why would I want to lol. nah, not interested in integrating it back into my diet. I've got it made now! The stuff feels like poison to me which means it will make it a whole lot easier maintaining my weight when I get to goal.

The only thing that bugs me is that i'm different to everyone else. In social settings I kind of feel a bit odd cos I dont wanna eat what the others are eating. The week earlier at another christmas function I thought I'd give a try at eating a couple of mini pizzas, and a couple of other fried kind of food. This stuff I would have enjoyed in the past but now my tastebuds have changed and it didn't even taste like food to me. Tasted so bland. Had no flavour. I couldn't believe it. wow. Luckily this time I wasn't sick.

I am so glad I have totally gone off that stuff. I now crave all the healthy fresh produce. I wont go back :)