160 pounds lost, 45 to go

Options
I started this journey in June 2010. I estimate I weighed 350 pounds. ( my all time highest weight is 375). I can't say for sure how much I weighed then because I was afraid to get on a scale. Frankly, I didn't think there was a home scale that could weigh me even if I was brave enough to try. At first I gave up sweetened drinks and eating out. In August I started "moving". I won't call it excercise because it was a far cry from that. :laugh: In October, I wanted to try and track my calories. That is when I found MFP. In November 2010, I had gone down several sizes and guestimated what I thought my weight loss had been and approximately what I weighed. I finally felt brave enough to get on the scale. It was what I expected. Therefore, I'm pretty sure my guestimates have been pretty accurate all along.

I would have to say that several things have helped me get here. You can read my bio for what motivated me. Setting small goals has helped. Like getting below 300 pounds, and then reaching the 100 pounds lost mark, then getting below 200 and breaking 150 pounds lost. Right now I'm three pounds away from no longer being considered obese. After that, the goal will be to get below 170 (I don't think I've been that low in over 20 years). Finally will be my goal weight and hopefully a total loss of 205 pounds.

Thank you to all my friends here who keep me going when I don't think that I can.:bigsmile:

8xoiah.jpg
2mydoye.jpg

Replies

• anna_love
    Options
    WOW U LOOK GREAT
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!!! You own this!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Holy! You don't even look like the same person! That's amazing! You must be so proud of yourself for all the hard work
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you! Keep it up and thanks for sharing :)
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic and you look so happy...I can see the sense of accomplishment in your face!

Congratulations on your achievement! Keep up the good work - I know you will reach your goals!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    WOW! That's amazing! You are an inspiration to me!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fabulous & Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to share your story!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats and continu this way!
  • TXchris
    TXchris Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely AMAZING! You have literally turned back the clock. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    you are such an inspiration! you transformation is awesome
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Fantastic work! and thanks for the inspiration ,truly!
  • Nosila0815
    Nosila0815 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Totally inspiration to see how far you have gone and how far you will be going.
  • ladyvlasquez5169
    ladyvlasquez5169 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such an inspiration!! keep up the good work
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You absolutely look like a different person!! So happy for you.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • ehamelin1
    Options
    omg girl... you look fabulous... I joined about 3 months ago... but never really went on the site or looked around.... today I decided this is the day.... I started looking around... and bingo... noticed your story...very very inspiring ;) thank you so much for posting and providing encouragement for us newbies :) continue to inspire
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    You look amazing...you are my motivation!
    Your story is really so awesome!!!!

Congrats!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What an amazing inspirational blessing you are to God's world!!!! Thank you for your bravery...your determination...your perseverance...your faith...your story....and for being my MFP friend!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!