What supplements should I eat for muscle growth?

Options
I'm training my glutes, and need all the help I can get with packing up mass!
I already drink Amino liquid, I feel like it's helped a lot. Getting my hands on some protein powder in a week.
But is there anything else that would be recommended? :smile:

Replies

• johnlewismodel
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.
    Also carbs if your not on a diet.
    Creatine - will volumise cells too but can make you appear fat.
    Glutamine is also useful. If you've got the spare cash for it all.
    Why do you want a big *kitten* anyway? Thats the opposite than most women want.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I stay away from those absurd protein powders filled with sugar, salt and who knows what.
    Stick with whole foods like lean meats, whole grains, low fat dairy, fruits and veggies.

One never really knows what's in those fancy containers of powder. I like what Jack LaLanne said: "If man makes it, don't eat it".
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.

Creatine does not make you appear fat.
    Oral glutamine supplementation is just waste of money and does absolutely nothing for muscle growth.
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    [/quote]

I want my curves back now that I've lost weight! :)
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    Good on ya!
    Creatine helps you can get a good supply in red meat though.
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.

Oral glutamine supplementation is just waste of money and does absolutely nothing for muscle growth.

1) I said APPEAR fat!!!! As it does put a layer of water between the skin of the stomach.
    2) How much creatine supplementation have you done personally chap? I've seen you arguing pointless facts on this site before. Not what you read in a book. How many cratine cycles have you done. Because i tell you sunshine your muscles do look far bigger but it DOES go on your stomach. - Its only fair to give people like MissDiscipline the REAL facts of what actually happens in practice.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.

1) I said APPEAR fat!!!! As it does put a layer of water between the skin of the stomach.
    2) How much creatine supplementation have you done personally chap? I've seen you arguing pointless facts on this site before. Not what you read in a book. How many cratine cycles have you done. Because i tell you sunshine your muscles do look far bigger but it DOES go on your stomach. - Its only fair to give people like MissDiscipline the REAL facts of what actually happens in practice.

1) No it does not make you appear fat. You are implying that it adds subcutaneous water when it fact it doesn't. It adds intracellular water. Big difference. Poor forms of creatine may do that. But creapure creatine monohydrate does not!
    2)How much creatine I have taken is irrelevant. If your talking about cycling creatine, then you do not understand its mechanism. Creatine does not need to be cycled, period.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12701826

Pointless facts? Getting defensive because you do not know what you are talking about? Your infantile attack is amusing. The problem is you're not giving real facts as you claim you are.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    There's no magical supplement really just keep on training and try to eat protein like every 2-3 hours
    Only supps I use is whey protein,creatine monohydrate,bcaa,beta alanine and calcium caseinate but then I ain't growing that much aha but guess it takes time :)
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Best supplement for muscle growth is iron (ie...heavy dumbbells and barbells) and make sure you are getting enough protein. Before you worry about supplements make sure you have the fundamentals taken care of ( Good nutritional practices, lifting heavy weights) and make sure are getting enough recovery time to allow your muscle to repair and get stronger.

Good luck
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.

I have done wait u dont need to cycle creatine babhaha but on other note i take it when im bulking and when im cuttin and i take 10-15g depending what weight im at.. If u find ur getting water retention to the extent u feel u look fatter n bloated lower ur dosage and that effect will go away... As for glutamine i cant argue with that as i took a small bucket of it and didnt notice anything different... So i dont waist my money on it nmore
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie surplus? That's the best for muscle growth. And 1 gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass. Start with 10% above maintenance then adjust from there. Also, squats, deadlifts, and lunges.

This is what I am doing. I started trying to eat around 2600 (my maintenance is 2250 or so). Now I'm up to 2800 as I've only gained 3lbs in 2 months. I plan to start cutting fat again in March. The only thing I take is protein powder (and a multi vitamin, glucosamine and fish oil) because it's hard to get all that protein from food alone.

And I'm with you, I want a nice, tight, round, high, and even big butt!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm training my glutes, and need all the help I can get with packing up mass!
    I already drink Amino liquid, I feel like it's helped a lot. Getting my hands on some protein powder in a week.
    But is there anything else that would be recommended? :smile:

Creatine and make sure ur eating surplus calories!!!! Need alot of cals carvs n protein! Train ur glutes monday and then again on wensday or thursday everything else train once a week..
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Eggs and Steak.

Don't forget Salmon , as well as beans. Meat and bean Chili is your friend on this sort of a muscle build.

I am sure you know, but humor me... do lots of squats and walking lunges. They'll pop that butt right up there.
  • PABSY8390
    Options
    i take creatine caps or powder. all body builders do. they help you traing with more intensity and speed up recovery to the muscles. and before anyone says they dont beleive me they really do work.