The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    Good afternoon team. Blazin thanks so much it is hard but I think it helps having all of you here and this wonderful woman here. I know my husband tells me to eat what I want. I gotta say I love the real meat so I get the most lean it is more expensive but I like it and I get sandwich rounds by Aronld 100 cal. and it feels like I am eating just like them. But you keep to your guns your doing great and your an inspiration.
    I hope everyone is having a great day and stillkristi you made cottages cheese sound wonderful like to go out and get some wow. I never eat it but I gonna try know thank you
    Everyone have a great day and thank you all for so much support here.
    I don't remeber who gave out the recipe for chicken with corn flakes But could you please repost for me. I looked back through the pages and could not find it Thank you
  • aur23a
    aur23a Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to check and say Hello. I'm doing well. We've been doing our circuit training workout this week and it's great. It's crazy how I sweat more with that circuit training vs. only walking on my treadmill. The kids are really enjoying exercising as a family. I pray that I can instill these healthy habits in them so that they don’t have to go thru the issues I have. I’m doing this for me but mostly for my family’s future, I want more for them and myself. I hope everyone is having a great day. Be blessed! :heart:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    does anybody know if AMynvegas is still on MFP--haven't seen her for a while!!!
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    Count me in! :) I'm at 305 right now, so I still count! :oP

Good luck to all of you!
  • Jennyryan21
    Jennyryan21 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't remeber who gave out the recipe for chicken with corn flakes But could you please repost for me. I looked back through the pages and could not find it Thank you

I found one on the recipe board that I made the other night and it was REALLY good :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/51832-better-than-fried-chicken-recipe
  • MPJS
    Options
    Thank so much for the link . I thought it sounded good have you tryed it. I hope everyone having a good night.
    Welcome dammit78 they are so wonderful people here .
    Sorry to say I think she was on a couple of days ago but I wanted to thank her for this thread it has been great
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, I hope you have a wonderful day :flowerforyou:

My battery died on my scale so I'm a little peeved this morning. Off to the dollorama after I take my son to school, to get batteries.

paddlemom - I have tried the blue menu burgers and they are good. The Lick's Gobblers are the turkey burger I had and they are YUMMY.
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    Options
    :smile: Hey everybody.Looks like you're all moving along well.I am doing OK. Last night i was having some stress and went into annal fa lactic shock, that;s were you start swelling and itching all over.If it weren't for my wife i would have passed out and who knows what would have happened.All i did was eat dinner and go outside to do some yard work that's how i De stress. You see i was sent home early from work due to economic lows.Later yesterday i found out the fridge had crapped out too.So i needed to burn a little energy. I don't like to wear you guys down with my problems but is and what are all of you doing to deal with the economy crisis ?

I thank you all for you insight and friend ship next time i will try to have better news.Goodbye for now.
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I haven't been around this week, I had a baby shower on Saturday and I fell off the wagon and I was having a hard time coming back. But I'm here again. :) Gotta get on with this.

Saw my Doctor on Tuesday. I have 6 months to show some good weight loss, or I'll have to go on Blood Pressure medicine, so that gives me a good goal to start with. I'd like to lose at least 40 lbs in the next 6 months. Do you guys think that's a realistic goal? Or am I aiming too high?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Tyravis, welcome back! Wow, buddy, that sounds pretty scary! Are you home from work for a minute, or is it indefinite? For me, unfortunately, my job is the kind tha we have more busines during times of stress. :ohwell: People tend to turn to drugs and alcohol more ofen when the economy is bad, after a war, after a bad storm, etc.... So, I'm prolly ok.

Two thing that have been happening in my neighborhood that might help: Some folks have started a sort of co-op where they go together and buy certain products in bulk. I don't know if there is uch a thing in northern Utah, but I will check for you. They usually save about 1/3 on grocerys. There are also groups that have been pooling their garden resources - someone who is older and can't pick or e all their fruit, etc.

There was a family in my neighborhood that had a son in the hospital very sick - and in order for him to come home, some serious home repairs were needed. They couldn't afford them, but the neighborhod pitched in, and in 8 days, they got new flooring, fresh paint, new front doors, replaced broken windows, thurough cleaning, new counter tops, and more. The women' s groups made quilts for all the beds, a couple of new beds were donated, a deep freezer full of food was donated, dining room table an chairs - in short, they got way more than they needed in order to bring him home! When we all work together, we create an abundance. Have faith and let the neighbors help. You probably have ways you can help them, too!

One other thing, several ofmy neighbors are going through the house and finding things of value that they no longer use. They ether sell them on craigs list or ebay, or barter them for things they do need. Like, do you know an appliance repair guy that needs some yard work done?

In any event, be mindful of that stress! Let us know how you are!

Everyone, have a great day! Welcome, dammit (sounds so funny!) this is great thread - supportive and helpful folks you will really enjoy!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I haven't been around this week, I had a baby shower on Saturday and I fell off the wagon and I was having a hard time coming back. But I'm here again. :) Gotta get on with this.

Saw my Doctor on Tuesday. I have 6 months to show some good weight loss, or I'll have to go on Blood Pressure medicine, so that gives me a good goal to start with. I'd like to lose at least 40 lbs in the next 6 months. Do you guys think that's a realistic goal? Or am I aiming too high?

Amanda glad you are back! I was ready to come looking for you. (And a few others, you know who you are! :happy: ) You can absolutely lose 40 lbs in six months. I started MFP on Februay 17 and weighed 461 lbs (had lost about 19 lbs over the previous 2 years of yo-yo dieting) Today I weigh 429, and am pretty sure I will weigh less on Friday when I weigh. What is that 32 lbs? And, I had about an 8 day relapse in there where I regained about 6 lbs. I am old with the metabolism of a turtle! :laugh: Since we weigh more than a lot of the folks on MFP, we can lose more rapidly. That first 100 lbs wil come off more quickly than the rest of your weight. But, you can absolutely do this!
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope we are all doing well today, and exceeding our expectations.

Reedwoman814, sorry to hear of your slow progress, but at least you are back on track. Personally I don't think 40lbs. in 6 months is too much, as long are you are eating healthy and excercising. I think for people our size the weight comes off faster in the begining, but keep in mind it may slow down, but there are many threads on MFP that tell you how to kick start your metab again. Good luck. We are rooting for you.

Tyravis, welcome back. Wow, sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday. It sounded like you said you went into anaphylactic shock due to stress? I did not know that was possible. Or was it from overexposure to the sun and the heat. I've had that happen to me, and now I have to steer clear of the sun/heat for long periods of time. Keep your head up, and get better so you can feel better! Hopefully next time you will have great news on all fronts.

Thank you all for the thumbs up!!!

StillK, BlazinE, Paddlemom, Jennyryan- you all are making me huuuuuuuuuuungry!!! That all sounds soooo YUM YUMMY!!! :grumble: I am taking notes so I can add to my meal plan for my maintenance phase. For now, I can't have any of that. :noway: Gives me something to look forward to though!
    And what is blue menu? and Lick's Gobblers?

Dammit78- you will love it here! Welcome.

BlazinE, "too Extreme"? I don't think so. Better to be "too extreeme" at eating healthy and exercising, than being "too extreme" with the way we used to live! I think we need to go through this "extreme" phase until we get to where we need to be and stay there. Do your thing girl, and don't let anyone deter you. Only you know how you felt, and how you are feeling now that you have the power to do something about it!

Suthernbelle, you will do great on your vacation. I was freaking out myself before leaving, but I did my best to stick to my plan, and made sure I exercised or kept active. And I avoided one single alcoholic drink, which was not easy as everyone was drinking around me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon, and lets keep our heads and spirits up!!! :glasses:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hey everybody.Looks like you're all moving along well.I am doing OK. Last night i was having some stress and went into annal fa lactic shock, that;s were you start swelling and itching all over.If it weren't for my wife i would have passed out and who knows what would have happened.All i did was eat dinner and go outside to do some yard work that's how i De stress. You see i was sent home early from work due to economic lows.Later yesterday i found out the fridge had crapped out too.So i needed to burn a little energy. I don't like to wear you guys down with my problems but is and what are all of you doing to deal with the economy crisis ?

I thank you all for you insight and friend ship next time i will try to have better news.Goodbye for now.

I so totally hear you on the stress issue. My work is down sizing like mad, lost my boss...gained her work. The same day they fired her, I finally sold my house so its been a month and half of worry and stress over finding an apartment and moving and my company going down the toilet and blah blah blah.

I was doing yoga at home (Biggest Loser video) and loved how it relaxed and focused me, but thats been packed up for the last few weeks as I get ready to move.

I hope your day gets better....we'll all make it thru no matter what.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    StillK, BlazinE, Paddlemom, Jennyryan- you all are making me huuuuuuuuuuungry!!! That all sounds soooo YUM YUMMY!!! :grumble: I am taking notes so I can add to my meal plan for my maintenance phase. For now, I can't have any of that. :noway: Gives me something to look forward to though!

Paddlemom and I are both in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. There is a grocery chain here that carries "Blue Menu" items. They are lower in calories and fat.

Lick's Gobblers - Lick's is a restraunt here in Canada. They make regular beef burgers as well as veggie and turkey. The Gobbler is their turkey burger. You can buy it in Grocery stores here, and it's YUMMY for only 170 cals (patty alone)
  • stillkristi
    Options

Paddlemom and I are both in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. There is a grocery chain here that carries "Blue Menu" items. They are lower in calories and fat.

Lick's Gobblers - Lick's is a restraunt here in Canada. They make regular beef burgers as well as veggie and turkey. The Gobbler is their turkey burger. You can buy it in Grocery stores here, and it's YUMMY for only 170 cals (patty alone)

Thanks for clearing that up! I was wonderin' too!
  • MPJS
    Options
    Hi everyone thanks blazin I had no clue about the blue menu I was thinking it sounds good But not here in New York but hey I well start looking for it and maybe I can find it
    I think stress is the worst it make's me eat and I also know about anaphylactic I have had it for certain medicines I am so sorry for you and your family. We are also down sizing at my job by the end of june 80 people well be out of work and I hope I get to keep my job but I don't know. I wish you and your family the best of luck for things to get better I know here or on line it is called freecycle You could look up the chapter in your neck of the woods and sometimes the give away great stuff LIke a freezer . soap kids toys clothe's things like that some are like new and some come used but if you don't like the stuff you just pass it. This is all online so it works and sometimes you get what you need I got a 30 gallon fish tank for free they can never ask for money it is a way to recycle. my prayers well be .
    Stillkristi I never knew about those coop things it sounds good thanks
    I hope all the team is doing good and it great to see you back reedwoman814
    4sure in newyork there are big fines for drinken and driving so we alway's take turns when we go out it is a way I avoid the cal. from the drink I think I have been the driver the last past year but it works for me and I get to have fun and laugh at them acting silly Good for you for not drinking You did great on your vaction. everyone have a great afternoon
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well, the scale says down 3 lbs. which I'm okay with. Although I do have T.O.M right now so it may actually be a bigger loss.

I got another call from my mom. The dr's have done further testing and this cancer is the same type my dad had back in 98'. It's too far advanced and spreading too rapidly for treatment so they were right on that point. His estimated time has changed. Ther were giving him about 16-18 months now they are saying 6 months - possibly 9. Obviously Im upset and worried, but I've also made peace with the fact I can't stop it, I can't make him better, and me being home wouldn't have prevented it. Stupid to blame yourself for things out of your control, but I tried to blame myself. Maybe if I was there I could have talked him into going to a dr sooner. But I couldnt have, he didnt even know he was ill, how would I have known. So, I've accepted it. I'm going home for 2 weeks and I'm going to spend time just talking to him, listening to his stories, hugging him and showing him how much I truely love and miss him. Letting him know what a wonderful grand-son he has and letting him know his grand-son is an amazing kid because I've passed down the morals and integrity that was taught to me as a child, I have taught to my own. Hopefully dad will feel up to sitting on the bank of the lake and throwing out a fishing rod with his grandson and just having some special time. :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    :heart: What's up team? I just came in from 4 hours in the pool. It's 107 here today. I did my Am 2 miles at 8.30 am and it was already hot. I will do my pm 2 miles after the sun goes down and it cools off a bit. :smile: How is everyone doing? I'm going to run and make turkey meatball whole wheat subs and baked sweet potatoes. yummo! ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • loula1076
    loula1076 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all! How's the day? I've had a great day. I think we've finally figured out the schedule that works for us. I'm feeling really good. My next weigh-in is Monday. It's week 2 and after watching the Biggest Loser, I'm thinking I may not lose too much, since I lost a lot the first week. That's ok....I'll keep moving forward.

stillkristi - thanks for that awesome song. The kids and I loved dancing to it!

Hope everyone has a great night.:bigsmile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    BlazinEmerald, My heart goes out to you. I lost my Mom to lou Gerrigs disease in 2000. She was sick for 2 years before she was diagnosed. She would not go to the Drs. I thought she had a stroke. I finaly got her to go see a Dr when I told her she could no longer watch my newborn daughter because I was afraid she might drop her or something. I was 27 years old when my mom passed. I miss her every day . My daughter never got to know her. I know the pain you are feeling. I want you to know I am praying for you and your dad. Cindy :heart: