How much do you work out??

Options
Do you work out every day? For how long?
What's a hard workout to you?

I usually do 5 days a week and try to run 30min and do weights 30min

Just interested in how much and what people usually do. In the beginning I felt like I did a lot, but now it's just a norm.

How much is too much in your opinion?
:smile:

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i do the same as you, 6 times a week, but if i want an extra day off, then ill do it. sometimes i incorperate cardio and strength, like doing a 50 minute sparticus workout or something, which makes it a bit different, but it all depends on my mood i guess.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I work out at a gym 3 days a week, at 5am on my in to work.
    I am usually there for 1-1.5 hours
    I focus mostly on cardio. Treadmill, Eliptical and Bike.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do about 9-11 hours per week.

I do classes at lunch three times a week. I take a night class once a week. And I run three times a week.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do an hour or so 2-3 times a week of focused exercise. This tends to be just right for me working 10 hour days and still having to do household stuff and walk the dog and all the other that sits out there. I don't find that outside of work I spend much time on my butt, so while I may not be in running shoes, I'm still moving, stretching and getting things done.

I don't think I could be a 5 day a week gym rat. I just don't have that kind of time. On the other hand, when I am working out, everyone understands that there are to be no distractions. It's my Me Time.
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I only do 20 to 30 minutes on my treadmill 5 or 6 times a week. Seems to be working as I have lost 32 pounds so far.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Usually 6 days a week, anywhere from 30 minutes- 2 hours, usually somewhere in between. I have done mostly cardio but am now trying to add in some strength training. I want to feel stronger, not just thinner.
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mon. / Wed. (1) hour of weights, (1) hour of spin class, friday (1) hour of weights, Sat. spin class for (1) hour !
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i do 20 -30 mins 4 days a week..it's working for me
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I do 5-6 days a week. Strength training & cardio each day for 30-60 minutes (depending on how I feel) but if I'm tired I'll take rest days in between if needed.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    1 to 1 1/2 hours per day, six days a week. P90x and Insanity. Some jillian and bob thrown in. I usually have to do 2 hours per day to get the scale to move.
  • Eva_21
    Options
    It really depends on my schedule and workload. On weekends, I do harder workouts than on working days, just because I have time not only to work out at home but also to get to the gym. For example, I did JM "Ripped in 30" this morning, and then went for a gym for an hour long cardio session in the afternoon. That was hard for me, I think I will be sore tomorrow :D But it was awesome anyways :)

On working days, it's either a JM workout video or gym. Or neither, if I figure out that I have a ton of work to do. I leave at least one rest day a week, though, even if I have time for a workout because next time I work out, I can feel the difference.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    3-4 days of lifting (just over an hour each session).

On the injured list waiting to see ortho surg about my knee, but pre-injury I was running 20ish miles a week on top of lifting.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I usually run for an hour, 1/2 hour on the elliptical, and 40 minutes of weights/abs. I do this M-F, and then on Saturdays its 5 miles and a lift. Sundays are rest days :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I life 3 days a week for 30-45 minutes, and do cardio for 30min usually 2 of those 3 days.
  • LuciLawless
    LuciLawless Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work out a lot every day for 2 hours.
    I do 45 minutes of Jackknives, 30 minutes of running, torso twists, 30 rowing squats, 20 minutes of yoga & then 20 minutes of random cardio.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I work out a lot every day for 2 hours.
    I do 45 minutes of Jackknives, 30 minutes of running, torso twists, 30 rowing squats, 20 minutes of yoga & then 20 minutes of random cardio.

Wow, I thought I was working out a lot. You put me to shame!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    5x a week split routine in lifting.
    Usually 30-70 minutes a time.
  • embowen
    Options
    My plan starting on Monday (Im sick right now) is to be doing crossfit 2-3 times a week and on off days from that some low intensity cardio and maxing out body weight exercises (wall sits, pullups, chinups, pushups, abs) to help prevent injury and focus more on slow muscle contraction that you don't get for the fury and pain of crossfit.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    4x a week split routine in weight training
    4x a week cardio either running(my fav)or swimming or shopping with my girl friend aha

working out is my hobby if i could do it all day i would but even i need to rest unfortunately
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    5 days a week, usually 30-60 minutes, depending on how many exercises and how/if I superset.

Different body part each time (shoulders, back, legs, arms, chest, abs usually every 2nd or 3rd day.)

I try to minimize the length of my workouts.

In the New Year I think I'm gonna do alternate weights and cardio every 2nd day.