Has everyone been thinking about new years resolutions??

Options
Okay, I started thinking of my new years resolution(S) !
I made a list of TEN.
So 1-3-11 I decided to start dieting/working out to lose wight, my resolution was to lose 30 pounds. I lost 50 by may, by august i hadnt lost any weight but went down a pants size, now, im the same weight, I started 230, I fluctuate between 180-186 on any given day.
I am no longer on my strict diet/workout regimen that i was on when i started, and i cant seem to stop eating bad food, or making excuses to work out.
Also, I have been a pessimist for most of my life, due to some circumstances and events. However, i think this has escalated over the past 2-3 years and instead of keeping things to myself, i voice them out loud, negativity mostly about myself.
I am sad about it because I feel like, andknow, I am alienating myself from people who I actually like and want to or are friends with.

So my 2012 Resolutions are as follows:

1)Lose 40 pounds, or 3.3 pounds per month

2)Only weigh myself once a month, ont he 1st (I obsessively weigh 3 or more times a day..hard one)

3) Run 5k a day, at least!

4)do not take a single bite of junk food or unhealthy food 9my husband LOL's at this one..butthead..)

5) Stop being so negative about myself, and quit voicing it out loud!

6) Stay positive!

7) go to bed ON TIME! (Bad habit of staying up intil 1 am or so...)

8) log my food every single day

9) be accountable for my actions, no excuses!!

10) Not really a resolution, just a goal, which is to complete a marathon

:) just wanted to know if everyone else was thinking about theirs!?
:)

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have three:

1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
    2) Eat more slowly.
    3) Become an early riser (shooting for 5am without an alarm).
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    So far:

1) Complete P90X
    2) Get lean and toned
    3) ??? ( Not sure yet, I'm sure there's something else I'd like to accomplish next year )
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have three:

1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
    2) Eat more slowly.
    3) Become an early riser (shooting for 5am without an alarm).

haah I like the last one, im SO not a morning person. The one about me going to bed on time will be the HARDEST for sure,
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So far:

1) Complete P90X
    2) Get lean and toned
    3) ??? ( Not sure yet, I'm sure there's something else I'd like to accomplish next year )

I want a 6 packm but i will save that for 2013 when im done losing wieght lol
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm not generally a resolution type of guy but I have been trying to get myself in the right mindset to not kill anyone at the gym for the month of January:) I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the crowds lol
  • vt2200a
    vt2200a Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    To continue running 4 times a week and to begin incorporating strength training into my workouts

I would also like to get rid of an additional 10 lbs by my birthday, March 1st and another 5 by the end of March. I know this will be difficult but I think I can do it. After that it's all toning and maintaining and growing comfortable with my awesome self.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I am resolute that will not make any New Years resolutions. :huh: :bigsmile: :devil:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of fitness ones - my main goal for 2012 - get my BF% down to 15! This time next year I will have visible abs for the first time in my life... I am recording this post - it WILL happen.

I also want to get my bench and squat over 100kgs, and to average 5 visits to the gym each week.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    3) Run 5k a day, at least!

4)do not take a single bite of junk food or unhealthy food 9my husband LOL's at this one..butthead..)

I like your goals but I think these two would be very hard to stick to. It's good to take a rest day sometimes and it's okay to eat something because you enjoy it. Food isn't "good" or "bad", it's just that some foods are more nutritious than others.

Not trying to be negative or anything, just giving my opinion. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I'm not making any resolutions, I will just keep doing my best to get where I need to be.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think your list is fine for you. I dont make resolution because I break them. Will attempt to stay motivated and on track. If that doesnt work will simply sew my mouth shut.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm not good with year long goals, so shorter steps at a time for me.

I bought a new blouse at the store last week. It's the first item of clothing I have bought from a store in several years (had to order online). My first goal is to be able to wear it. It's a size small. I hope to wear it by summer. It only cost ten dollars, too!!!

So, one step at a time:

1. Work on wearing my new blouse!!
  • gigigee
    gigigee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Agree with others that it is crazy to say you will NEVER eat junk food -- and just looking to bail on your resolutions entirely.
    Same goes for running every day. How about running 3-4X/week?

Just saying.

For reference, I go to exercise class 3-4X a week, and try to run once-twice a week (the latter is harder, as I am a slacker with bad weather). Anyway, my goals are to drop 10 lbs., actually do the running, and get enough rest. And to keep calm and less stress (stress packs on the fat).
    THAT'S a hard one!!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't make them, because every goal I am seeking right now involves daily action to move me closer.

In other words...
    Why wait until January to make the needed changes?
    I started early.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Get a kidney for my husband need to lose another 24 lbs. Once that is done get done to my ideal weight and stay there.:drinker:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be set very realistic, attainable goals. Here are my weight loss related goals:

1) STAY ACCOUNTABLE. For me, this means that even if I fall off the wagon, I need to own it. Keep logging even when I'm overwhelmed by how many calories I've eaten.
    2) DON'T GET COMFORTABLE. Complacency is what got me here in the first place. I stopped paying attention to my body and my health. Within 1 year I gained 18 pounds and didn't even realize it until my summer shorts didn't fit. I will pay attention and will weigh in once a month. I will continue working out, even if some weeks I only get in one or two workouts.
    3) KEEP TRYING. I'm going to try not to give up just because I have a set back. I'm not going to throw in the towel if I have a bad week or I get sick. I'm going to get back on the wagon and keep working.

And I'm going to do this with my amazing MFP friends, who give me the strength to keep going, even on the terrible days <3