Recommend your HRM please!

Options
There are so many options! I use the HRM on the equipment at the gym but not really sure how accurate it has been (especially from equipment to equipment). Want something more reliable - or at least the same :) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fitcounselor
    fitcounselor Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There are so many options! I use the HRM on the equipment at the gym but not really sure how accurate it has been (especially from equipment to equipment). Want something more reliable - or at least the same :) Thanks in advance!

I use a bodybugg which is NOT in and of itself a HRM but tells you how many calories you're burning by using other tools. A HRM is effective tool for certain things too. Personal choice. :happy: Good luck!

There is a special on the BodyBugg -- see link: http://bodybugg.extole.com/offers/1371740389/interstitial/3db2v?dist_src=link
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar 4t because the one i had was being dumb. It had a lot of good reviews so I am hoping it will work!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    I'm a strong supporter of the Polar brand and suspect you'll get a lot of similar replies. I have an FT40 which has been great/flawless. My workout friend just ordered herself one just like it. MUST get one with a chest strap (all Polar's do)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    check out the Timex FItness HRM. i like it. just does the basics, but does them well.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4, Love it. Plus all the machines in the Gym pick it up and display my heart rate so I can keep in my range without watching at my watch
  • kellyc3
    Options
    Bump
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. I have only had it for about 10 days, but I love it. It is disappointing to know that I haven't been burning as much as I thought, but now I have a better idea and can move forward.
  • dancer4evermsu2
    dancer4evermsu2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So overall we are thinking the polar brands it sounds like.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I have a polar ft40. It has a couple more features than the ft 7. Mfp alway way under estimated my burn and equipment over estimated. Compare the hrm side by side to see what you like. I also had a body media fit to see my total burn for a day and found my average burn but it doesn't separate exercise calories burned.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    What are the features you're looking for? Polar has some good basic models, or if you want something with GPS included or are more sport specific (ie triathlon) then I'd recommend Garmin.
  • cmoe25027
    cmoe25027 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Polar ft60 here, love it! STAR program is really cool!

Cheers,
    Collin

Ps you can expand them with gps or the foot pod for runners, haven't used either though