Throw away our scales

Options
I'm convinced our scales are evil and out to hurt us.
I don't have proof but I believe this is a creation of the devil.

I'm going to try and use measurements from now on.

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Taking measurements takes forever vs jumping on the scale and seeing your hard work pay off.
  • netty1959
    Options
    your showing that you lost 119lbs hun so your scales are definetely working for you
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I agree 110%. I'll be using measurements from now on.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I believe the're helpful (or at least useful) for the truly obese, where there's no question they just need to lose "weight". But once you're even approaching a healthy range, body composition (BF%, measurements, how one looks in the mirror) becomes the standard to go by.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I'm using the mirror! If I think I look good the scale can kiss my butt. The only time I weigh in is at the doctor's office.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i kinda in love with my scale lol.. idk if i can give it up!! lol
  • crudd12
    Options
    I'm throwing my scale out the window! I haven't lost for months and today I bought a size 16 jean instead of a 20! Also I bought a new xmas sweater a 14/16 instead of a 2x!
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I am a scale addict. And in the morning when I see that I am .2lbs less than the day before I do a little happy dance.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the scale. Helps me monitor what is going on. I can relate to how important it is in the beginning of this journey and when you get closer to maintaining how measurements would be better.
  • mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HA... good for you but I <3 my scale... measurements annoy me... and I'm never sure if I'm being consistent.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

Hahahah! Yes they are!

Had the same conversation with my nutritionist a couple of days ago, she told me "Get rid of your scales. Buy a pair of jeans that are a size smaller and try it on from time to time". I think I may just do that!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    One day I'm gonna use the, "Did you see his frickin' jaw drop when he saw me?" to rate how I'm doing.

Until then, I'm a slave to the scale.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I use the scale but also simple measurements plugged into a body fat calculation.
    See this site: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

I see value in the scale, yes, and one must also track other variables that tell us more than a mere number representing weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've supposedly gained 4-5# in the past two months, but I'm buying jeans in the same brand a size smaller. I'll continue to use the scale, but I'll care more about how clothes fit and how I look in photos. (The mirror tends to lie to me, too.)
  • cuquee
    Options
    My best scale are the people I see once a month...those are my biggest fans..."you just keep shrinking" if it wasn't for them I would have been a wreck by now. they really do notice the difference overall. scale can be tricky at times.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The scale drives me nuts, I'm putting mine away for awhile. I'm just going to do what I need to do and not worry about the scale
  • timingsands
    Options

Hahahah! Yes they are!

Had the same conversation with my nutritionist a couple of days ago, she told me "Get rid of your scales. Buy a pair of jeans that are a size smaller and try it on from time to time". I think I may just do that!

I do the scale and jeans thing. I sometimes do the tape measure but I can't ever measure consistently! It's fun to put on a pair of jeans that start out impossible to button and keeps getting slightly less tight each week.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i have vowed once a month to weigh. im depending on my clothes.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
  • Bunnzye
    Options
    yea, whats up with that? my measurements have gone down very well since June, but the weight doesnt seem to be moving. did new measurements yesterday and another half-inch all over, but lost only 8 ounces.