I just have to say....

Options
I am new to this website and I feel like I am fairly alone in this weight-loss journey so I have to do this post because I am just so EXCITED! I decided to re-start my life on April 17th of this year, weighing in at 225. I decided I would take baby steps - eat less carbs, become aware of what I am eating, etc. I haven't actually done anything really physically active. I am working full time and getting my post-grad degree full time so I feel like I don't have alot of time. Since April 17th, I have had 2 "bad" days, one where I ate almost an entire 1lb chocolate bunny after easter and another one where my boyfriend and I decided to go for a walk and we ended up at a pub and drank some beer and ate chicken wings. Even so, I have become so much more conscious of what I am eating and I feel full quicker, I feel nascious at the look of fried food and I don't crave food as much. My dependant relationship on food is slowly going away. After less than a month. I can't imagine how quickly I will loose weight once I start jogging in the nice weather. Anyways, the point of this post is that in less than 3 weeks, I have lost about 12 lbs! I feel like I haven't really done anything except be SMART! I am excited about the road ahead because I know I can do this....

Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• samantha85
    samantha85 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am new to this website and I feel like I am fairly alone in this weight-loss journey so I have to do this post because I am just so EXCITED! I decided to re-start my life on April 17th of this year, weighing in at 225. I decided I would take baby steps - eat less carbs, become aware of what I am eating, etc. I haven't actually done anything really physically active. I am working full time and getting my post-grad degree full time so I feel like I don't have alot of time. Since April 17th, I have had 2 "bad" days, one where I ate almost an entire 1lb chocolate bunny after easter and another one where my boyfriend and I decided to go for a walk and we ended up at a pub and drank some beer and ate chicken wings. Even so, I have become so much more conscious of what I am eating and I feel full quicker, I feel nascious at the look of fried food and I don't crave food as much. My dependant relationship on food is slowly going away. After less than a month. I can't imagine how quickly I will loose weight once I start jogging in the nice weather. Anyways, the point of this post is that in less than 3 weeks, I have lost about 12 lbs! I feel like I haven't really done anything except be SMART! I am excited about the road ahead because I know I can do this....

Just wanted to share :)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place :flowerforyou:
  • swissdutchess
    swissdutchess Posts: 109
    Options
    awesome! so glad you joined us. :) keep up the great work! its the best feeling, isn't it?
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    You are kind of in the same boat I was. I'm 24 and was between 224 and 227 when I started really trying to lose weight. Even though I was overweight in high school, I gained even more in college - I just didn't have time to take care of myself - so I know exactly what you mean about not having time to workout.
    Good for you for changing your eating habits! Sometimes that can be even harder than working out consistantly! And I know what you mean about fried foods - I just think about them and I feel sick! It's amazing how ones view of food changes when they start eating right!

And about your two "bad days" - everyone has those once in awhile! I've definately had some! As long as you get back on track the next day, you'll be fine! :smile:

Anyway, way to go losing 12 pounds already! :flowerforyou: And that number will increase quickly once you start adding exercise! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and eating better. You will like this website.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    HI! :smile:

It sounds like you are well on your way to a healthier you. Changing eating habits is very difficult. Good job for being so persistent. Once you add exercise in you'll feel even better. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!