May 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Options

Replies

• csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in since Sunday:noway: but I have been busy.

Monday and yesterday I walked 4 miles on the treadmill. Tuesday I done 50 mins. of christian yoga and 20 mins. of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Today is yoga and 30 day shred.

Looks like everyone is off to a great start.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    checking in for the cardio thing...just did 56:00 cycling workout. awesome workout especially in the 25 mph wind...
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    I cannot believe we are almost done with one week!! Everyone is really doing fantastic! I love that even though some of you "indulged" you still worked out and you still made an effort and didn't fall off the whole wagon! Good job! Remember tomorrow is weigh in! I really hope everyone is seeing results and doing well! WOO HOO!! I will post Week 2's link tonight, so be sure to look for it in here! Everyone is doing FABULOUS with the cardio challenge! Great job! Week 2 starts on Saturday morning!
  • robynd
    robynd Posts: 35
    Options
    I was bummed because after a long weekend of eating I had gained 2.5 pounds but this morning I had lost it all and an additional 1/2 pound!!! Is it possible to lose 3 pounds in one day? This challenge is keeping me focused on the cardio because last night I just wanted to do nothing but instead I did 30 min. of cardio and this morning I took the dog for a quick 20 walk. It all adds up!

200254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Won't be able to weigh in tomorrow.... husband is having surgery..... So, here are my results for week 1... start weight 187... current weight 185.... 2 lbs lost!!!!! May 31st goal.... 183

Good luck :)
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    Here are my cardio/workout minutes for the week
    friday, May 1- 60 minutes on my stationary bike
    saturday, May 2-10 minutes execrise session at the ladies' retreat I went to..not really cardio though.
    Today- Walking it slim workout video-45 minutes

I am hoping to get a workout in tommorrow. I didn't do as good as I hoped. But I have an excuse, I had my wisdom teeth taken out on monday. So that would account for why I didn't workout monday, tuesday, or yesterday.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, sorry.
    Does our week of cardio end Thursday or Friday? Because we weigh in tomorrow, I thought it would end tonight. In the very first post, it mentions posting our cardio with our weigh in tomorrow.
    Can someone let me know?
    Look at that, my first challenge and I am already confused. :laugh:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused, sorry.
    Does our week of cardio end Thursday or Friday? Because we weigh in tomorrow, I thought it would end tonight. In the very first post, it mentions posting our cardio with our weigh in tomorrow.
    Can someone let me know?
    Look at that, my first challenge and I am already confused. :laugh:

No worries!! The new week starts Saturday morning. We finish up and weigh in tomorrow! Good luck and we are glad to have you in the challenge!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Haha. Don't feel bad... I pretty much missed the first week entirely. Stupid moving!
  • bbogart
    Options
    Total cardio for the week is...185 minutes. Not as good as I was going for, but at least I'm motivated again. Hope y'all have a good night.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So far I have got 143 minutes of cardio in. That is alot better than before...I wasn't doing anything. I also drank 8 cups of water:drinker: today. The unfortunate thing is that it may not all come out before the weigh in :laugh: .

Hope everyone is feeling great!

:heart: J
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Okay... so I want to do a before and after slideshow of all of our May 2009 Challengers... if you want to be a part of the slideshow, send me your before pics now... then on May 31 send me your after pics and I will post the slideshow... It will be awesome and it will be to music and everything... Anyone in?

Send them to my email at amannisto86@yahoo.com with the following:

screen name:
    Starting weight (as of May 1):
    Ending weight (as of May 31): Send to me on the 31st
    Inspirational quote:
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    Weight as of Friday Morning 290 cardio this week 65 min. I had that flu for four solid days so cardio was minimized but the weight loss is still coming due to calorie intake. I will ramp up the cardio this week.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think there was something wrong with my scale at weigh in, I think I was closer to 200lbs and not at 203lbs.
    Here are my stats from this week, because I started the challenge on May 1st.

Weigh in this morning was 197lbs.

cardiochallengeMay.jpg
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm SOOOOOOOO confused. I did my cardio all week and watched everything I ate and some how gained 5 pounds!!! My weigh in this week was 235.2!! I do want to get in on the slide show. I think that will help keep me focused so I will send you a before pic as soon as I get one.

My weigh in this week was 235.2

My next week's weigh in better be better!! I want to lose this weight and more!!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    135 no change yet. which is fine, I just started uping my cardio in the last few days. Plus I drank lots of water yesterday and it is definately still in me.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

:heart: J
  • bbogart
    Options
    Down 1 lb from 250 to 249. What are we looking at for next week's challenge?
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    My weigh in results-start weight- 252.4
    current weight- 252

I didn't lose that much as I hope. but happy with it anyway.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight (may 1st): 155
    Goal weight (may 31st): 150

:smile: I am going to up my cardio, running 5 days/week. 5Mile race on 5/09, 5K on 5/23 should help me stay motivated. :bigsmile: I am going to try and eat healthier lunches when i go out with friends from work, they are a bad influence!:ohwell:

Good Luck to all!:flowerforyou:

Leann
    Starting weight 155
    Week 1 weight 154 Cardio: 160 minutes running 90 minutes road biking
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    FRUSTRATING!

Hi all. I logged 360 cardio minutes this week (power walking, My Fitness Coach, and Zumba class)

Unfortunately, the scale didn't move! I have to re-focus this week . . .