Cookies for Santa?

Options
Do you do cookies for "Santa" in your house? If you have kids of course? We usually do, but was wondering what are other Healthy ideas? Husband and I were discussing this. Usually we split the plate of cookies. I wonder if the kids would buy that Santa put a memo out to all parents that he does not want cookies, but rather rice cakes? BAHAHAHAHA!!!

Replies

• hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What about making the flourless sugar less oatmeal cookies some one posted on here. If you replace the oil with applesauce they are only 60 calories a piece :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    hmmm sounds yummy *goes off to search*
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    We always put cookies out for Santa. Take a bit or two at most, drink a bit of the milk, and remind the kids that lots of people left cookies and he's probably getting full. Never had a problem here.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Put the cookies out, break off a few crumbs onto the plate, and put them back in the package. Or, just eat them.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I found out after years of Santa taking my cookies that all my mom did was take the cookies that night when "Santa" was supposed to come and just put them back in the cookie jar :laugh:

More cookies for me!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    this is why santa is so fat
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, my kids are old enough to know... but they still expect all the usual treats...

Anyway, if my kids decide that they want cookies then I will just keep some calories open for the indulgence. Otherwise, that recipe earlier sounded fabulous and I meant to bump it and forgot. :::goes off to search now::: :laugh:
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

ROFL! Right? I told my husband we could just tell the kids that Santa needs to go on a diet :P
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feed them to the dog or put them back in the cookie jar :-)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Please don't sabotage Santa!

But seriously - my daughter is beyond that age... Before we'd totally eat them!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If I was a little kid, I would be pretty disappointed if my mom didn't bake cookies with me on Christmas eve for Santa. The holiday only comes one time a year, just enjoy the time with your kids.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Santa works really hard. I think he deserves a proper cookie or three.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    We've always left Santa a cold beer. This year it'll likely be a light beer. The jolly old elf works too hard for just cookies,
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If I was a little kid, I would be pretty disappointed if my mom didn't bake cookies with me on Christmas eve for Santa. The holiday only comes one time a year, just enjoy the time with your kids.

Yeah! It won't hurt if you allow yourself to have a cookie! Put out two of them and you and your husband can just have one each! You've been doing good all this year, have a little holiday treat! :smile:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Santa works really hard. I think he deserves a proper cookie or three.

and for God's sake not the flourless sugar less oatmeal cookies made with apple sauce. a proper cookie or three.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    We always leave out a plate but rather than eat them, we toss them and then take the garbage out to the outside garbage!
  • RebelBrew
    Options

he is a lush to from egg nog
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Sweet's are making me sick though. I will bake them and my husband can have at them, but today was my daughters birthday party, and the smell of the icing on the cake made me sick at my stomach, my husband had to bathe her because I thought I was going to get sick because of the strong sweet smell lol. It's a good thing and I'm not complaining, but I had no desire to even nibble it. I think we'll just make them and either put them back in the cookie jar or let husband eat them. He does look forward to baking cookies and I don't want to take that away from him. I don't have to eat them.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Sweet's are making me sick though. I will bake them and my husband can have at them, but today was my daughters birthday party, and the smell of the icing on the cake made me sick at my stomach, my husband had to bathe her because I thought I was going to get sick because of the strong sweet smell lol. It's a good thing and I'm not complaining, but I had no desire to even nibble it. I think we'll just make them and either put them back in the cookie jar or let husband eat them. He does look forward to baking cookies and I don't want to take that away from him. I don't have to eat them.

Awesome! Problem solved. :smile:
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Eh, one day of sweets and treats won't derail an otherwise healthy lifestyle.