First Week on MyFitnessPal - 5 pounds lost

Options
sjerrott
sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
So I've done weight watchers twice and simply for life twice - both cost about 300 dollars. Now I do MFP and lose the MOST I've ever lost in a week for free! The simplicity works and I'm thrilled. I'd love to lose 3 more by Christmas but I'm also remembering that this is going to be a hard week so we'll see what happens.

Replies

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    awesome... keep it up and stay with it.. trust me it will pay off..!!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss, but make sure to temper your expectations a bit, as weight loss is usually a slow and steady process, especially since your goal said that you are trying to only lose 20 pounds. The big loss your first week is likely in part due to a loss in water weight that you retained from your previous eating habits.

A loss rate of 1-2 pounds a week going forward is a good amount to healthily lose, so you should shoot for that.

Good luck on reaching your goal! I''m glad that MFP is working for you, and saving you money at the same time!
  • karreec
    Options
    WOW!! Great Job!! i started a week ago and lost 1 pound. But its ok Im not worried. I hear ya about this week.... The one thing Im glad about is that Im making all the food so I can control what to make etc.. Doing a lot of low calorie options :)
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    MFP really is a great tool - I'm glad your first week was a success! Keep with it, and I agree you should set a weekly goal - mine is 1 lb a week and so far that has been attainable!
    Good luck!
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to MFP, it is life changing.
  • JasonGinMI
    JasonGinMI Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job! I am actually a lifetime member of weight watchers. I gained it all back and have to pay every week I am over weight so I found this site. It is nice because it is free and if you make friends, it is like a weight watchers meeting every day!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's great news! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!