This post has NOTHING to do with weight loss.......

Options
2»

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice gals and guys! I think I'll give him another date or two before I decide anything! :)

Good idea!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    I think I'd try to focus more on whether I was interested in/attracted to him rather than try to figure out how to label him. I'm not saying that's what you're doing. It's just that it's human nature to overthink things sometimes when we might be better off just getting to know people on an individual basis. He could end up being an amazing human being that you're ultimately not attracted to for whatever reason, but what counts is whether there's an attraction or not, not trying to dissect "why." Hope I articulated that well enough to make sense. :tongue:
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Go to the home depot gra,b some lumber, build a bridge and get over it. That's what my husband said. I read him this post cause it's just mean.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    IMHO all this speculation of just how effeminate he is or isn't is pretty pointless...it seems to me that if his "personality" ruffled your feathers enough to make you post about it in an online community looking for advice that it's probably not going to last very long. Generally things that bug us a little bit end up bugging us more and more.

On another note, congrats on being fabulous and getting that goodnight kiss :smooched:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    and something else he is soooo sweet, and says all the right things so far. We've been talking like a week or so, and he's so damn nice!! Gggrrrr.....

Run! Run far away, as fast as you can!

If he's not the type of guy you're into, that's one thing - we all have personal preferences and if he doesn't meet yours, then fine. But to label his tendencies as weird and ask what you should do seems a little "weird" to me. If he's not your type, move on, end of story. And what exactly are woman-type facial expressions?
  • liseyicious
    Options
    he sounds like he was raised in a all women household...nervous and maybe just super in touch with his girly side...

or maybe he is gay, did he ask you for a tampon or something. sick joke... I kno
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    No matter if any of us think its weird, it's up to you. if you don't like it don't date him. I'm a firm believer in never dating someone that you hope to change. Love a person for who they are or not at all. It won't be fair to you or him in the long run. It's fair to ask they put dishes in the sink or pick up laundry but personalty and beliefs, if you don't like it at the beginning just move on. people are who they are. Side note, I know a man that sounds like the man you describe. His mom raised him alone, he picked up some flare but he's amazing and happily married to a women
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    it seems to me that he might just be metro but not gay. a lot of gay guys aren't really comfortable with their sexuality until they come out, and for that reason they would exaggerate their "macho-ness" rather than talk about doing their hair and being metro, etc. i have a lot of gay guy friends and they all were very homophobic (to the point that they would bully others for acting "gay") before they were comfortable with their sexuality. good luck with this guy, if he treats you well and makes you happy, keep him!