What do you think this picture is? Sorta shocking if true.

Options
fit4mom
fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
I'm just wondering. They were pretty unhappy with Pepsi if this is true.
166940_2829326772327_1233822036_33215683_1790611158_n.jpg[img]This is what he said: "FB family I need your help, so today while in Iraq shutting down one of the bases there ironically enough I stumbled upon this can of diet pepsi. Take a close look at the picture and tell me the first thought that comes to your mind. Mine and many other of my brother in arms was not a pleasant one so I just want to make sure we re not bias. If you see the same thing I did, I will never ever buy another Pepsi product again, this is an insult. Thank you for your feedback and participation.[/img]

Replies

• fit4mom
    Options
    Sorry you'll have to cut and paste I have a hard time getting pics on here.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    So, that is a can with the twin towers on it if I'm not mistaken.

That's PRETTY insensitive and a horrible mistake on their advertising department if that is the case.

Thanks for the laugh and shock.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It looks like a pepsi with a picture of a city.

Come on. Everyone is so damn sensitive to EVERYTHING now.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Was that suppose to be the Twin Towers, that's about all I could possibly think if it upset the guy so bad?
  • fit4mom
    Options
    There's a plane up there too. I get the expanded pic. Like I said no good at the posting of pics on here.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    is that a plane... flying into a building?
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    people need to stop being so sensitive.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    It looks like a pepsi with a picture of a city.

Come on. Everyone is so damn sensitive to EVERYTHING now.

you weren't in new york city that day.
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    166940_2829326772327_1233822036_33215683_1790611158_n.jpg

It's a city scape that happens to have two tall buildings. Additionally the two tall buildings aren't nearly as close as the WTC building are.

Pretty sure this isn't intentional in the slightest. After the attacks there was big to do about a starbucks ad that had two drinks and a dragonfly in the background. It's just a coincidence. People will find things to be offended about if they want to be.
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    it's a matter of history. you'll be seeing similar pictures for the rest of your life.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Doesnt look like the twin towers to me, just cuz there are building and a jet, why must everyone jump to 9/11?
  • fit4mom
    Options
    Please be respectful guys. I was just wondering if anybody else sees the same thing. I didn't want to make up anyone's mind for them.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    The plane isn't flying into the building, it's just flying overhead. You can see the pic better on the snopes page. It does bear a bit of a resemblance, but I think if they did it on purpose they would have made it more obvious, like with the plane about to hit the building or something. The plane isn't headed toward the building, it's just overhead.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am not from US so am compleatly emotionally away from all this. I dont think its what you think it is to be honest. I think we see what we "want" to see when we are emotionally involved. Just trying to help from a different perspective:flowerforyou:
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First thought that comes into my mind is a city landscape. It could be pretty much any city landscape.
  • fit4mom
    Options
    One thing I can say is that it's interesting that it was a base in Iraq and that we've not seen the cans here in the US or at least I've not. If it's no big deal why didn't they put the design out here in America?
  • AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It looks like a regular city drawing with a plane flying above everything. On the larger version of the picture, the two buildings don't look anything alike besides you know, being blue rectangles. When I looked at a bigger picture, hell, it just looked like a generic drawing of a city. You can look closer at the snopes provided image. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/graphics/pepsican.jpg
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    is that a plane... flying into a building?

no?