30 lbs down over last year

Options
erin_zuk
erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
Christmas of 2010 I weighed 217 lbs at 5'6 and it did not look very good.
In January when I went through a break-up I decided I would make some big changes in time for my sister's wedding in September and I worked my butt off.
New Years Eve - Dec 31st, 2010.
NYE.jpg

I managed to get down to 185 in time for my sisters wedding on Sept 30, 2010 and felt gorgeous, but still big.

DSC01046.jpg

Shortly after the wedding I got completely off track with my eating/working out and gained back almost 15 lbs. I joined MPF on November 9th weighing 200 lbs, and since then I am back down to 186.

Here is what I look like now - my goal weight is around 155-160 and I am hoping to be there by August of next year!
dec2011.jpg
this zip-up sweatshirt now SWIMS on me!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you change the captial 'IMG' to little 'img' the pics show up. :-) Congrats on all your hard work!
    Christmas of 2010 I weighed 217 lbs at 5'6 and it did not look very good.
    In January when I went through a break-up I decided I would make some big changes in time for my sister's wedding in September and I worked my butt off.
    New Years Eve - Dec 31st, 2010.
    NYE.jpg

I managed to get down to 185 in time for my sisters wedding on Sept 30, 2010 and felt gorgeous, but still big.

DSC01046.jpg

Shortly after the wedding I got completely off track with my eating/working out and gained back almost 15 lbs. I joined MPF on November 9th weighing 200 lbs, and since then I am back down to 186.

Here is what I look like now - my goal weight is around 155-160 and I am hoping to be there by August of next year!
    dec2011.jpg
    this zip-up sweatshirt now SWIMS on me!
  • erin_zuk
    Options
    thanks, I was just about to change the img codes to lower case! :blushing:
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You look freakin awesome. I'm 5'6" and looked like you when I was about 217lbs too.... But now that I'm almost 185 I definitely don't look as small as you at 185. I see a huge difference! Great job!
  • meowmows
    Options
    Great job! Our stats are about the same so it's great motivation to see someone else working as hard as me!! Keep it up! You will definitely get there by August. :D
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! The transformation is noticeable! Congrats to your weight loss with more to come!
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME transformation!! Great work!!

You'll get to where you want to be! Just remember -- slow and steady wins the race!!
  • Lacole216
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work! You will make it to your ideal health & weight :flowerforyou:
  • erin_zuk
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement - that picture from NYE has really kept me motivated!
    You look freakin awesome. I'm 5'6" and looked like you when I was about 217lbs too.... But now that I'm almost 185 I definitely don't look as small as you at 185. I see a huge difference! Great job!

Just so you know, I don't think I look 'small' - in that picture I have on size 10 Lululemon yoga pants.
    I wear size 12 jeans and I don't feel 'small' yet!
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wow! you look awesome!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!