Hello!

Options
I made a post a couple of weeks ago and I don't think anyone replied :'( So I'm going to try again.

My name is Stephanie, I'm 19 years old and live in Australia.

I'm looking for some friends that will encourage me and give me advice and just be there for me on this journey (I will do the same for you!). I'm looking to lose 40kg (which is roughly 88lbs I think?) I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 99kg (220lbs). I'm the type of person that doesn't think realistically when it comes to weight loss. If I don't see results straight away, I'm likely to feel disappointed and want to give up, which is what I'm feeling right now, so I need some people to just keep encouraging me until I figure this out.

I want to lose the weight once and for all, but I can't do it on my own. So feel free to add me and I hope we can be there for each other :)

Replies

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.

I know sometimes, things seem so whack! but don't worry yourself my fitness friend, I got your back!
  • ohmywonwon
    Options
    Those are some good tips, thank you :)
  • csoul27
    Options
    Always happy to help this place may just save me from gaining during the holiday season :) I will def add you as a friend.
  • ohmywonwon
    Options
    Thank you :)