New Plan 1200 cals 1000 cal exercise burn a day..crazy..heal

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like cheese so what brand do u recommend that isn't WW or processed...also today is day #4 on 1200 cal I upper my cals yesterday not on purpose n I still lost but not much .4lbs I ate over 1900 cals I felt sooo bad and worked out twice n burned almost 1000 cals so today I'm back on track the plan is to keep going up n cals as to not gain too much weight by spiking my cals weaning myself up on cals from Medifast...so 1200 for now n then n a few weeks 1400 and so on till I get to a comfortable cal intake...as yesterday proved if I spike my cals I won't lose or will gain...so once I get down to goal weight 150 I will wean myself back up on cals slowly as not to gain all the weight I lost back and gonna start timing and tightening when I hit Onderland!! 9.4 more lbs to go;)

These methods are truely killing your metabolism. Calories are fuel and if you don't have enough of it, your body is just going to eat at the muscle.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like cheese so what brand do u recommend that isn't WW or processed...also today is day #4 on 1200 cal I upper my cals yesterday not on purpose n I still lost but not much .4lbs I ate over 1900 cals I felt sooo bad and worked out twice n burned almost 1000 cals so today I'm back on track the plan is to keep going up n cals as to not gain too much weight by spiking my cals weaning myself up on cals from Medifast...so 1200 for now n then n a few weeks 1400 and so on till I get to a comfortable cal intake...as yesterday proved if I spike my cals I won't lose or will gain...so once I get down to goal weight 150 I will wean myself back up on cals slowly as not to gain all the weight I lost back and gonna start timing and tightening when I hit Onderland!! 9.4 more lbs to go;)

For regular non processed cheese just stay away from the non-fat plastic Kraft stuff. Just look on the ingredients. It shouldn't really have any ingredients other than milk and bacterial cultures, unless it has stuff like enzymes, salt, spices, tomatos, jalapeno etc added to it.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You were working with a physician when you were on Medifast, and likely there's also a dietician available. The advice in this thread has been excellent, but if you want more confirmation talk to them...I'm sure they'll confirm what others have said.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was told to do 1500-2000 cals a day and workout everyday by my Dietician...so I weighed this am after a perfect 1200 cal quite filling day and I was 208.4 Sat...n now I'm back up to 213.6 not sure why but I'm just gonna keep to it and see if my body regulates out I keep my carbs below 100g and keep my protein to at least 100g and my Fat under or close to 40g...going to start seeing my PT this week so will be uping my cals on those days;) if after another 7 days my body is still not doing right I will up my cals to 1500;)
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Also I am only working out one time a day n burning about 500 cals..today I am going to up my cals to 1500 and see what that does from the time I started on Wed to today I have dropped 2lbs so I guess that's not too bad...
  • olympicathlete
    Options
    If your maintenance calories are around 2200 net, then that means if you took off 1000 calories to reach 1200 NET calories, you would lose around 2lbs/week. This does not mean that you eat 1200 calories. It means that you eat 2200 and burn 1000 or eat 1700 and burn 500. Trying to lose any more than this I feel is not very sensible. As has been demonstrated by other posters, you're losing lean body mass, which you want to avoid as much as possible. Preserving muscle is very important.

I would honestly suggest slowing your weight loss right down and eating 2200 and burning 500. Your body will appreciate the wealth of nutrients you can provide in that many calories, your muscles will thank you and your weight loss will be much more sustainable.