This is a vent about co-workers

Options
becbec71
becbec71 Posts: 136
They ordered Dominoes today for lunch. THose horrible for you bread pasta bowls. I am not mad about that. I have self control. And I am not even really mad. We have this one girl who is an aerobics instructor. Now let me say I WOULD NOT take her class. Her top half is about a size med and her bottom half is and x-large. She wears the same darn pair of pants almost everyday. She is not new tothe fitness world, had been an instructor for years and years. She got one of those pasta bowl things. THey all look at me like I am freak bc I have the willpower. I am just waiting for the hate group to form again. Yes they are childish and do those kinds of things. Instead of being proud of me they turn it against me because of thier own self issues. I find it totally funny and it makes for good conversation when my hunny when I get home from work. But it really does help me push up the will power level that much more. Just to have the satisfaction of being healthy and in shape while these softies play thier games!! But I will never take a fitness class from this woman here at work thats for sure!! Or advice on health or fitness in general for that matter!!

Replies

• becbec71
    Options
    They ordered Dominoes today for lunch. THose horrible for you bread pasta bowls. I am not mad about that. I have self control. And I am not even really mad. We have this one girl who is an aerobics instructor. Now let me say I WOULD NOT take her class. Her top half is about a size med and her bottom half is and x-large. She wears the same darn pair of pants almost everyday. She is not new tothe fitness world, had been an instructor for years and years. She got one of those pasta bowl things. THey all look at me like I am freak bc I have the willpower. I am just waiting for the hate group to form again. Yes they are childish and do those kinds of things. Instead of being proud of me they turn it against me because of thier own self issues. I find it totally funny and it makes for good conversation when my hunny when I get home from work. But it really does help me push up the will power level that much more. Just to have the satisfaction of being healthy and in shape while these softies play thier games!! But I will never take a fitness class from this woman here at work thats for sure!! Or advice on health or fitness in general for that matter!!
  • ggooding12
    ggooding12 Posts: 53
    Options
    Good for you. They will not come to realize anything till you hit your goals. Then one day they will look at you and wish they had the power too. Keep up the good work. I resisted pizza last weekend and had a salad. Even though it smells good and I wanted some, it was total satisfaction in the end, instead of "why did I eat that?'
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    some co workers can be evil,.... but again good for you, you have the power to make yourself feel better. and down the road when that pizza and what ever else they eat catches up to them they will look at you a whole different way.:flowerforyou:
  • lucky25416
    lucky25416 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem at my job... people can't STAND it when you are doing something good for yourself..they are just jealous that you are losing weight... but at times we need these 'haters' to push us harder!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the fitness person and not taking her class. I once went to a dietician who was WAY overweight. Like I am going to take advice from her.....:laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This thread made me go look at those pasta bread bowls finally, since I keep hearing about them.
    Mac n cheese in a bread bowl. :sick: That is disgusting.
    I'm glad I'm not a never-say-die carb eater.

Congrats on saying no to those devil bowls!!!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I wouldn't eat one of those things whether dieting or not. They look gross!

Good for you for staying away from that crap.

You'll get the last laugh.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the fitness person and not taking her class. I once went to a dietician who was WAY overweight. Like I am going to take advice from her.....:laugh:

Doctors, nurses, and many in the medical profession are the worst for that.
    "You need to lose weight."
    Um Doc, look whose talking!!
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    I have to say, I wouldn't eat one of those things whether dieting or not. They look gross!

Good for you for staying away from that crap.

You'll get the last laugh.

Can you imagine how gross and bloated and disgustingly full and exhausted you would feel after you ate one of those. Talk about carb overload. I would probably be in a coma for days. :laugh:
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    Good for you for not succumbing to the temptation. I don't know how people eat that stuff. It's just full of salt and fat.

I work in a hospital so I know about the doctors and nurses...:wink:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine how gross and bloated and disgustingly full and exhausted you would feel after you ate one of those. Talk about carb overload. I would probably be in a coma for days. :laugh:
    [/quote]

Exactly - i'm all for a piece of pizza or a bowl of pasta once in a while, but mixed together? Bleh!
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good for you for resisting the temptation! You will get the last laugh.

When I was pregnant, my doctor told me at EVERY appt that I was overweight and that I needed to be careful. He was AT LEAST 60 pounds over weight and was NOT pregnant. lol
  • becbec71
    Options
    One girl is already walking around complaining and the fitness instructor is hiding at her desk :laugh:
    I went to the health food store instead on my lunch. If I had brought sneakers I would have walked there! Nothing interesting though and nothing really on my list of have to haves. there wasnt even anyone running the store that I could see. :noway:
  • MrsMMeyer
    MrsMMeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have had a similar situation in the past and my mom said that next time it happens just say ( written phonetically) ill-legit-ah-mah-tee it is latin for dont let the *kitten* (sorry) :blushing: get you down. it is spelled illegitimate, like an illegitimate child or in the old days called a *kitten* (sorry) i think they are words to live by in those situations, so dont let them get you down. keep up the good work and stay strong for you will be the one feeling great later. good luck. :wink: sorry i had to cuss.
  • naugustyniak
    Options
    One girl is already walking around complaining and the fitness instructor is hiding at her desk :laugh:
    I went to the health food store instead on my lunch. If I had brought sneakers I would have walked there! Nothing interesting though and nothing really on my list of have to haves. there wasnt even anyone running the store that I could see. :noway:

Maybe the store owner was out getting a pasta bowl :laugh: :laugh:
  • becbec71
    Options
    They are deffinatly good motivation for me thats for sure!!