Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know who many calories one burns when doing the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels?

cheers
Shilpa

Replies

• wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    One of the other threads said to count it as general circuit training.
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I log mine under circuit training, general for 27 minutes (warm up to cool down).
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    about 175
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    just bought this..so interested to see what answers you get :)
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes of cardio. I feel so much better since I completed day 6! Lost 2 inches in my waist and thighs!
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor used to give me an average of about 300.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It really differs based on your weight of course.

But, it also really differs based on how much effort you put into it... I mean, are you continuing through every exercise even though you are out of breath or are you taking a break?

Still, generally I see everyone who does not have a heart rate monitor logging it under "circuit training, general".

It is a fantastic workout!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM. At 216 lbs, I burn about 250-280 calories for the 27 minutes. I always advise people to invest in a HRM-best purchase I've made in regards to managing my calories :)
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is all dependent on your current age and weight etc. The best way to get the right calculations is to use a HRM. This will give the most accurate numbers, however if you arent too fussy then the other suggestions you have received are adequate enough..... Enjoy, its a great DVD workout and does provide great results... stick with it! After it try Ripped in 30 :-D
  • E_Cee83
    E_Cee83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It is all dependent on your current age and weight etc. The best way to get the right calculations is to use a HRM. This will give the most accurate numbers, however if you are too fussy then the other suggestions you have received are adequate enough..... Enjoy, its a great DVD workout and does provide great results... stick with it! After it try Ripped in 30 :-D
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor and it depends on how accurate I do the exercies. I have had counts as low of 190 up to nearly 300. So I think it depends on current fitness and ability to do the exercise right. I also created an exercise entry that says 30DS. Then in the exercise notes add what level and heart rates.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    How many calories you burn is going to be different depending on your height/weight. I'm 5'11", 200 lbs, and according to my HRM- I burn between 225-250 cals doing 30DS. (equivalent to about 35 min. on elliptical for me)
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I am about to start lv 3 of this and it is kicking me. It is great
    It is all dependent on your current age and weight etc. The best way to get the right calculations is to use a HRM. This will give the most accurate numbers, however if you are too fussy then the other suggestions you have received are adequate enough..... Enjoy, its a great DVD workout and does provide great results... stick with it! After it try Ripped in 30 :-D
  • MamaBear57
    Options
    I am about to start lv 3 of this and it is kicking me. It is great
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    According to my HRM - doing Level 1 (including warm-up and cool-down, so 27 mins) I burn 221 kcals.

(I'm 24, 5'8" and around 147 lbs)
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really think you need a heart rate monitor to determine how many calories burned....because if a person weighing 250lbs vs a person weighing 150 will burn totally different amount of calories due to the energy exerted.....also age and how fast you're moving...at the beginning of my journey I DID NOT have an hrm and was NOT losing because I entering incorrect calorie burning information and I was eating my INCORRECT calories.....hrm was the best investment ever!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, female, 5"6", 167 lbs. Under circut training, general on MFP it says I burned 210 calories. My new heart rate monitor (early Christmas present!) said I burned 155 calories doing level 2 this morning, minus the cool down as I do my own stretching.
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is an HRM?
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    What is an HRM?

Heart Rate Monitor
  • cameralinds
    Options
    Just log it as circuit training.
    Though I feel like the calorie count still may be a little high.
    I haven't been able to test the theory with a HRM yet though.
    I always subtract 20 calories burned from the workout just in case.

Are you just starting? I just finished Day 9 Level 1 Day 1 Level 2.
    Best of luck! It will get easier. Promise.