Warning - Russell Stover Sugar Free Toffee

Options
Do not eat the entire 3 oz bag LOL

I've been up all night with the worst case of diarrhea.

No clue what's in it that causes this, but man does it clean you out.

Replies

• fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning because I'd probably eat the whole bag. On the other hand this could be a good thing.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, all sugar free candies will do that to you. It is the sugar substitute they use. Generally it is recommended to have a piece or two because, as you have experienced, too many will have a laxative effect. I think there might be that warning on the label.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there is actually a warning on the label LOL

Wish I had seen that last night...
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It's the artificial sweetener.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. your body can't digest it so it has the same effect of the fat replacers in olestra chips, and also the long oligosaccharides in beans that give you gas. It's not gonna hurt you, but it's not gonna be fun.
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    LOL At least you are at home and not out and about running from bathroom to bathroom :-p
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    eewwwww! lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Huh, that must be why chugging a 2 liter of Diet MTN Dew is just as good as milk of magnesia...
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm at the office now, 20 guys coming off hangovers from the weekend Christmas party and only one bathroom, not a good situation this morning LOL
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Huh, that must be why chugging a 2 liter of Diet MTN Dew is just as good as milk of magnesia...

Actually the sweetner in diet soda is not the same as in candy. They use sugar alcohols not Splenda or Nutrisweet in sugar free candy.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    lol Reminds me of a time a co worker stole a candy bar from me and started eating it right there in front of me. Brought in a bag of sugar free chocolate candy and told everone but him about its effects. He ate almost the entire bag and ran several times to the rest room. As we were leaving for the day, he was still sitting in the stall. lol
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Even a small serving of sugar free candy gives me horrible gas! Can't eat this in public!!!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yeah, look out for fat-free pringles too...they have olean...on the other hand, if you are having trouble going...might help. haha
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Most sugar-free candy contains maltitol, this is the culprit. Some people have problems with xylitol as well but it isn't as commonly used.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    lol Reminds me of a time a co worker stole a candy bar from me and started eating it right there in front of me. Brought in a bag of sugar free chocolate candy and told everone but him about its effects. He ate almost the entire bag and ran several times to the rest room. As we were leaving for the day, he was still sitting in the stall. lol

Priceless.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Do not eat the entire 3 oz bag LOL

I've been up all night with the worst case of diarrhea.

No clue what's in it that causes this, but man does it clean you out.

So it was a cleanse thing then. LOL
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Awesome!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of eating a bag of sugar free Jelly Belly's at the start of a 3 hour drive.

I had to stop every half hour to find a toilet.

This stuff makes ex-lax seem mild!
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    So thats why i was on the potty for half hour after eating 7 pieces of the butter caramel ones..
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm at the office now, 20 guys coming off hangovers from the weekend Christmas party and only one bathroom, not a good situation this morning LOL
    [/quote

I pity the cleaners that have to come in later!!