Kegel Excercises! GAL PALS ONLY!

Options
Im curious at how many of us ladies really do kegel exercises? I been thinking about that all weekend so now Im asking & I wonder how many calories we burn doing them....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I like doin them during copulation (look it up)!

FYI: A pelvic floor exercise, more commonly called a Kegel exercise (named after Dr. Arnold Kegel), consists of contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor, which are now sometimes colloquially referred to as the "Kegel muscles". Several tools exist to help with these exercises, though many are ineffective. Exercises are usually done to reduce urinary incontinence and aid with childbirth in women, and reduce premature ejaculatory occurrences in men, as well as increase the size and intensity of erections.
The aim of Kegel exercises is to improve muscle tone by strengthening the pubococcygeus muscles of the pelvic floor. Kegel is a popular prescribed exercise for pregnant women to prepare the pelvic floor for physiological stresses of the later stages of pregnancy and vaginal childbirth. Kegel exercises are said to be good for treating vaginal prolapse and preventing uterine prolapse in women and for treating prostate pain and swelling resulting from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostatitis in men. Kegel exercises may be beneficial in treating urinary incontinence in both men and women. Kegel exercises may also increase sexual gratification and aid in reducing premature ejaculation. Many actions that are controlled by Kegel muscles include "holding in" urine or avoiding defecation. Reproducing these types of muscle actions can yield stronger Kegel muscles.

How to do kegel, here are sum pointers!!!

Find the right muscles. Insert a finger inside your vagina and try to squeeze the surrounding muscles. You should feel your vagina tighten and your pelvic floor move upward. Then relax your muscles and feel your pelvic floor return to the starting position. You can also try to stop the flow of urine when you urinate. If you succeed, you've got the basic move. Don't make a habit of starting and stopping your urine stream, though. Doing Kegel exercises with a full bladder or while emptying your bladder can actually weaken the muscles, as well as lead to incomplete emptying of the bladder — which increases the risk of a urinary tract infection.

Perfect your technique. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles, empty your bladder and sit or lie down. Contract your pelvic floor muscles, hold the contraction for five seconds, then relax for five seconds. Try it four or five times in a row. Work up to keeping the muscles contracted for 10 seconds at a time, relaxing for 10 seconds between contractions.

Maintain your focus. For best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to flex the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises. Repeat three times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day. You might make a practice of fitting in a set every time you do a routine task, such as checking email, commuting to work, preparing meals or watching TV.

Replies

• ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone do do these, I do them for a number of seonds then release its good to do :-)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Wait. Men can do this? And it increases the size an an erection?? Hahaha.
  • fibrogirl
    fibrogirl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    After reading your post I just realised that I always hold my breath when I do these, it´s sooo hard to breathe normally without losing it lol !
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options

^^LOL
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I actually do them when I'm driving! Not sure if this is the best technique, but what else am I going to do in the car?!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I actually do them when I'm driving! Not sure if this is the best technique, but what else am I going to do in the car?!
  • swatts7622
    swatts7622 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone do do these, I do them for a number of seonds then release its good to do :-)

Yep same I ahve the app, its called Kegal Camp. Do them twice a day.
  • Wait. Men can do this? And it increases the size an an erection?? Hahaha.

Um I'm prett sure it's because the female is ahem more intact..if you know what i meannn
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just peeking....you know all the guys are! LOL!
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good to do if you're sitting at a traffic light...
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Just peeking....you know all the guys are! LOL!

Lol!
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    I watched a vid the other day about hanging leg raises and core exercises causing orgams in women at the gym!!!! Why am I not that lucky!!! OH wait--I guess I'd have to work out! lol
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    haha...I've been doing them since before I knew what they were. It has just been a habit with me throughout the day. While I'm watching tv, reading, driving, pretty much anytime I'm sitting down. Most of the time I do them without even realizing it.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I do this...everyday. Well...almost everyday....

The lady who does my sex toy parties says 150 daily. That's what I shoot for....
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I don't daily, but pretty regular, usually while driving. I think that is a common place that we gals do them. Stop lights are good for it. One round at a light and call it good LOL
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

First off...my apologies I know this is for ladies only.

2nd. Men can do this but its obviously not the same as Kegel's. Men work whats called a PC Muscle. Men can do a form of it especially when peeing and it actually makes your PC muscle stronger so that a man can last longer in bed. It also makes the orgasm a lot better.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I should do them much more than I have. I'm pregnant now so I've read up my *kitten* about how important it is. I don't know how to do them without holding my breath though!!
  • onenine08
    Options
    I do them quite often for all reasons, but I plan to do more. I'm going to take that 150 a day advice. I strategically do them while I am doing "it" also. It helps me practice my technique during the act. Based on the reaction I get -- they work! I think I am going to increase my goal to 200 a day!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    I do them quite often for all reasons, but I plan to do more. I'm going to take that 150 a day advice. I strategically do them while I am doing "it" also. It helps me practice my technique during the act. Based on the reaction I get -- they work! I think I am going to increase my goal to 200 a day!
    YES THEY ABSOLUTELY WORK DURING COPULATION!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options

First off...my apologies I know this is for ladies only.

2nd. Men can do this but its obviously not the same as Kegel's. Men work whats called a PC Muscle. Men can do a form of it especially when peeing and it actually makes your PC muscle stronger so that a man can last longer in bed. It also makes the orgasm a lot better.
    I expected men would like simply becuz it says GAL PALS ONLY!!! Yall curious creatures!